Ticknell Piece Post Box

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 20:55 (last edited on Fri 24 Jun 2022, 21:40)

Really annoying! The old postbox has been replaced with a new red Pillar Box, but the slat does not open properly and it's only possible to post the slimmest letters through the slot. It was impossible for me to post an A4 envelope (Freepost), containing a completed survey form.

Have other postboxes been replaced? Have other boxes got similar problems? Is the problem the paint on the box which has become stuck? Or the design of the box? At the moment it needs a crowbar.

It's especially infuriating as this was supposed to be Charlbury's priority postbox. The notice on the box has now disappeared. Have priority postboxes been discontinued? 

This will be something for the Town Council to get sorted out, but I would like to know if it's a common problem or just a problem with that box. 

Sorry! I have just seen Richard Broughton's recent forum post, and he had exactly the same experience as me!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.