Dog Waste Bin - Narrow Lane

Philip Ambrose
👍 2

Wed 29 Jun 2022, 20:42

Will the new ones be labelled Dog Putins?

Simon Walker
👍 2

Tue 28 Jun 2022, 18:02

And the one by Cornbury lodges, please ....  To have removed that one, which has always been well-used and was an incentive for dog-walkers to be responsible, shows a complete lack of awareness by WODC's 'Service Designer'.  

Lisa Wilkinson
👍 1

Tue 28 Jun 2022, 14:18

I've asked WODC if they will replace the bin on the triangle. Will wait to hear ..........

Russell Ingham
👍 3

Mon 27 Jun 2022, 11:45

I have received an email from the WODC "Service Designer" of the Litter Bin Placement and Renewal Programme. As I for one am not aware of any pre-advertising or consultation process two paragraphs from it are copied here:

The work installing the new dual bins is still ‘work in progress’ and there are some specific points to make in relation to this that I hope helps you understand why an old litter and/or dog bin may have been removed or relocated.

1. Generally, dual bins are not located in residential areas. Residents are encouraged to take litter and dog waste home and dispose of it in their grey bin. This is working well in other areas

2. Dual bins are generally not installed at bus stops. There is no evidence that these reduce littering and there was very litter deposited in them.

I wonder if it will work?

Rhona Walker
👍 2

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 21:28

So back to the original question - if the bins have all been replaced, where is the one (complete with capacity for general waste) for the green on Narrow Lane?  It needs to be replaced quickly, before we are overwhelmed by dog poo!

Liz Leffman
👍 3

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 10:42

This is, as Charlie has said, initiated and undertaken by the previous administration and I thought this had all been completed six months ago.  All the bins are now combined dog poo and general waste bins, there are no more individual dog bins now anywhere in the district.  

Simon Walker
👍 3

Sat 25 Jun 2022, 10:20

Woe, woe and thrice woe !!  The bin on the footpath by the Cornbury lodges has gone too.  What really beggers belief is the complete lack of any communication from WODC.  It is surely not beyond the bounds of human wit to be able to explain (in advance, even) what is planned, what the rationale is, and what alternative is to be installed.  The previous round of bin replacements resulted in at least one having to be re-sited because the advice of real people wasn't sought before the event.  Is this a re-run? 

Charlie M
👍 2

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 20:40

I think I am correct in saying that the policy of bin removal was instigated by the previous (pre-election) council. At many levels of government there is often a delay between the changing of policies, and I would expect that this is a factor.

Rhona Walker
👍 2

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 19:44

Please bring the bin back!  Who has removed it and on what grounds??  A lot of dog walkers make use of the small green on Narrow Lane and up until now, most of them have been very good at cleaning up after their dogs.  But if they find there is nowhere to dispose of the waste, there is a high chance that it will just be left lying on the grass.  Removing the bin is really NOT helpful.

Russell Ingham
👍 3

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 15:26

The almost new dog waste bin on the triangle of grass between Narrow Lane and Marlborough Place has been removed by WODC. I have as yet been unable to ascertain as to whether it will be replaced. Does anybody know as to whether this well-used facility is indeed to be replaced by a combined bin ?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.