Seeking Peers!

Claire Wilding
👍 2

Wed 25 May 2022, 16:27

Hello I'd suggest writing to Roberts Courts as the Lords don't represent constituents in the way MPs do. The MP can raise your concerns with the minister responsible. The Bill will go to the Commons after the Lords.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 25 May 2022, 13:56

There's Lord Chadlington of Dean (Peter Selwyn Gummer), but how sympathetic he would be is another matter. His voting record is here: https://members.parliament.uk/member/3318/contributions#expand-4099812

He does at least involve himself in various locally linked organisations: including  Ditchley and also at Chadlington.

The current Duke of Marlborough who owns property in Charlbury does not take part in the House of Lords.

Nicola Leyland
👍

Wed 25 May 2022, 13:33

Looks like Lord Rotherwick has retired from House of Lords...

Nicola Leyland
👍

Wed 25 May 2022, 11:56

Last week a new schools bill was introduced in the House of Lords. It has profound implications and will personally affect my family and the freedom of families up and down the country. I would like to share my point of view with a local Peer if we have any?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.