2022 Women's Cycling Tour

Harriet Baldwin
👍 2

Fri 10 Jun 2022, 13:00

Just to let people know that if you're expecting carers in at lunchtime on Saturday most companies know nothing about this race and haven't made contingency plans to get carers in, so they'll be running late all day. 

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 21 May 2022, 21:04

It's a shame that they are not coming down Enstone rd and through the town centre.

Chris Tatton
👍 2

Sat 21 May 2022, 18:52 (last edited on Sat 21 May 2022, 18:52)

I hope they are not going to be directed through Milton under Wychwood and have to contend with the appalling road surface through there. I cycled through there recently and it’s in a dreadful state, and is dangerous in places. 

Christine Battersby
👍 4

Fri 20 May 2022, 17:51

See also the events page for everything else that is happening on June 11th! It's possible that stallholders and those those attending the Farmer's Market and also the Stone Carving Studio and Young Writers Workshop might get caught out by the rolling road block.

Estimated times in Charlbury 12.03 - 12.08; rolling road closures for c. 30 minutes while the race passes through, closing roads in the direction of the cyclists' travel for about 15 minutes in advance of the race.

Perhaps the organisers of the various events could alert those signed up to attend -- and somebody also let the Farmer's Market People know!

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 20 May 2022, 12:46

Thanks, I've already decided I can't run the risk of getting stuck because of it. 

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 20 May 2022, 12:23

The timings are here (PDF download), available from the link that Hannen supplied.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Fri 20 May 2022, 11:28

That clashes with open gardens in Burford. Any ideas if I'm helping out there about timings, especially as I have my standard possibility of needing to get back to Charlbury ASAP for medical emergencies?

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Fri 20 May 2022, 10:41

The 2022 Women’s Tour, Britain’s biggest and longest-running international women’s cycling stage race, is coming to Oxfordshire on Saturday 11 June. The final stage of the Tour will start in Chipping Norton and run through Charlbury, Burford and Carterton before making its way to the finish in Oxford.

Should be fun!

https://www.womenstour.co.uk/

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.