DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SEAMSTRESS

victoria bull
👍 2

Thu 19 May 2022, 22:43

Kim Sale is excellent. She did a beautiful repair and recycle of my favourite curtains. But if you do decide to replace your sheets with new ones, then painters or artists often welcome old sheets for rags.

sue holiday
👍 3

Thu 19 May 2022, 19:35

The offcuts from the king-sized sheets could be made into wonderfully matching pillowcases to go with the smaller 4' wide sheets once made; far cheaper than visiting the named bedding stores, quick to sew and less waste for landfill! 

Christine Donaldson
👍 1

Thu 19 May 2022, 15:02

Laura Noble in Charlbury is excellent - theonlylauranoble@gmail.com

Lee Belcher
👍 3

Wed 18 May 2022, 09:59

Thank you James Norris.  Jus think of all the landfill--chucking out yards and yards of perfectly good sheeting!  But I will ceretainly think about this.

James Norris
👍

Wed 18 May 2022, 09:33

Clothes make sense, but be more cost effective to get new bed sheets. Dunelm and TK Maxx are cheap and do next day delivery.

Lee Belcher
👍 2

Tue 17 May 2022, 12:52

Thank you Susie.  I have contacted her and she is coming tomorrow!  I am not used to such instant success.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 4

Mon 16 May 2022, 14:08

Kim Sale - Mrs Sew and Sew on Businesses. I can recommend her.

Lee Belcher
👍

Mon 16 May 2022, 13:48

I badly need to find someone who will do clothing alterations, i.e. turning up hems of dresses and trousers to fit my shrinking frame, and who would make my king-sized sheets narrower so as to fit a small double bed--a 4ft wide one instead of a king).  Even if I still had a sewing machine my ancient hands would not cooperate.

Lee Belcher, 01608 819003

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.