Table tennis

William Robinson
👍

Mon 7 Aug 2023, 14:29

The usual table tennis sessions at Charlbury Community Centre are continuing throughout the holiday period and new players are welcome.

Tuesday and Thursday mornings:

• 9 – 10 am (for the few early birds, one or two tables, often singles, maximum 10 players);
  • 10 – 11 am (the most popular, two tables, mostly doubles, maximum 10 players);
  • 11 – 12 midday (often just one table available, singles only, maximum 4 players).

The Tuesday sessions are generally more popular than the Thursday sessions.

For all those sessions you can book using the Teamup app or website:

https://teamup.com/ksfqz3dfr38shtgmts

Wednesdays from 5 pm to 6 pm and from 6 pm to 7 pm:

No booking, you just turn up and pay around £3 for each session of one hour, depending on the number of players.

William Robinson
👍

Tue 4 Apr 2023, 16:50

EXTRA SESSION

From tomorrow, Wednesday 5 April, we shall be offering table tennis at Charlbury Community Centre from 5 pm to 6 pm and from 6 pm to 7 pm.

£2 per hour. Bats and balls available.

Social rather than competitive.

No need to book, just turn up, pay and play.

(For the Tuesday and Thursday morning sessions the usual booking system applies.)

William Robinson
👍

Mon 31 Oct 2022, 16:59

Just turn up and play this Wednesday and every Wednesday from 5 pm to 6 pm for £2 a session.

William

William Robinson
👍

Tue 4 Oct 2022, 09:20

As usual this Wednesday 5 October from 5 to 6 pm.

Please email me if you wish to join: william_robinson@live.co.uk

William Robinson
👍

Tue 27 Sep 2022, 17:34 (last edited on Wed 28 Sep 2022, 13:16)

CORRECTION: NEW TIME!

We are now running our Wednesday sessions from 5 to 6 pm. £2 per person.

Please email me if you wish to join.

william_robinson@live.co.uk

William Robinson
👍

Tue 30 Aug 2022, 09:43

We are running another session this Wednesday, 31 August, from 6 pm. £2 per person per hour.

William Robinson
👍 1

Tue 23 Aug 2022, 18:39

Children are welcome as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

Claire Wilding
👍

Tue 23 Aug 2022, 16:45

Can children come?

William Robinson
👍

Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:12

We are running another session this Wednesday, 24 August, from 6 pm. £2 per person per hour.

William Robinson
👍

Mon 15 Aug 2022, 16:22

We are again running a table tennis session in the Community Centre from 6 to 7 pm this Wednesday (17 August) on a trial basis to gauge the level of interest. We shall have three tables available to play singles or doubles. If enough players wish to stay on we may also play from 7 to 8 pm.

Bats and balls are available.

All are welcome.

Please email me if you wish to join us.

William Robinson
👍

Mon 8 Aug 2022, 18:43

We look forward to welcoming you on Wednesday at 6 pm. If there is sufficient interest we shall try to continue the evening sessions.

William

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Mon 8 Aug 2022, 16:20

I too would find a Wednesday evening a potentially good time.

Suzanne Chavda
👍

Mon 8 Aug 2022, 15:28

Hi William, I’m emailing on behalf of my Husband Bob who is yet to register on this site . Due to timings thought this easiest option.  He is interested in joining on Wednesday 6-7pm. 

William Robinson
👍

Mon 8 Aug 2022, 10:50

A reminder that anyone wishing to play table tennis/ping pong/wiff waff/whiff whaff at the Community Centre would be welcome on Tuesday from 9 am to midday, on Wednesday from 6 to 7 pm, or, subject to other players being available, on Thursday from 9 am to midday.

Contact me if you are interested.

William Robinson
👍 2

Thu 4 Aug 2022, 17:28

We are running a table tennis session in the Community Centre from 6 to 7 pm on Wednesday 10 August on a trial basis to gauge the level of interest. We shall have up to three tables available.

Bats and balls are available.

All are welcome.

Please let me know through the website if you wish to join us.

Michael Donegan
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 11:25

Dear William,

Many thanks for your very helpful reply. 

Kind regards,

Mick

William Robinson
👍

Sun 24 Jul 2022, 11:04

Mick,

We have consulted our players a few times and almost all seem to prefer the mornings. But some of them do organise their own games at other times. Anyone can book a table at the Community Centre for only £12 an hour (just £6 if you do not book but simply walk in and ask if a table is free). Bats and balls are included in that fee.

Tel: 01608 811878/ Mail: info@charlburycommunitycentre.org.uk

William
Michael Donegan
👍 1

Mon 18 Jul 2022, 17:23

Hi William,

I’m interested in playing table tennis but unfortunately at work on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Could you let me know if there any plans for playing on any evenings in future, please?

With kind regards,

Mick Donegan

William Robinson
👍

Thu 12 May 2022, 17:38

A group of players of mixed abilities play social, rather than too competitive, table tennis in Charlbury Community Centre every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to midday. We would welcome new players whatever your standard.

Contact me through the website if you are interested.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.