Electrician wanted who knows the Nest Thermostat system

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍 1

Thu 12 May 2022, 16:39

Thanks for all the help!

In the end, my plumber got in touch with his electrician (the one who had fitted the Nest thermostat), and he said the 'can't connect to the heat link' was a common problem, and that Google Nest would fix it.

And so we got in touch with Google, and after a rather lengthy phone call they sent round an engineer the next day to fit a replacement Nest, and connect everything up, all for free (even though it was out of warranty).

And now I have central heating and hot water again.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 1 May 2022, 09:16

This might help, and it's free!

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp?hl=en

K Harper
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2022, 19:40 (last edited on Sat 30 Apr 2022, 19:41)

You could try Craig at Giffords Electrical to see if he can help.  info@giffordselectricalltd.co.uk

Clive Gibson-Leitch
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2022, 18:21

I had a new combi boiler fitted two years ago, along with the Nest Learning Thermostat.  Last week the 'smart' thermostat simply went blank.  I got a cable and can power it up, but now it's not connecting to the system.  My plumber called round today, but couldn't fix it.  So, is there a local electrician who can come and fix it for me?  No desperate hurry, but it would be nice to have hot water and central heating!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.