Can pets be taken on Eurostar to London?

Alan Wilson
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2022, 19:02

Thanks for the memory, Valerie!  It is probably more than 40 years since I heard that line, but it has stuck in the memory ever since....

Valerie Stewart
👍 2

Fri 29 Apr 2022, 15:40

I used to work with the railway, and we had plenty of folklore and urban myths.  One concerned the issue of a chap who was travelling with his pet tortoise, quite a sizeable animal in its own travelling basket.  The ticket inspector asked what was in the basket, and the reply sent hum thumbing through the Conditions of Carriage to see whether any charges should apply.  

You really need an appropriate accent with lots of glottal stops for what he said: 'Dogs is dogs, and cats is dogs, but tortoises is insects.'  

Many more where that name from.  

Angela Gwatkin
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2022, 10:50

I’ve got the answer. It’s ‘no’! Next question: is next best option a coach ride Paris - London. Are pets allowed to travel that way?

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2022, 10:46

No. Only guide dogs.

Angela Gwatkin
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2022, 10:41

If you know please call me 07952966060. Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.