GWR (just for a change!)

Gareth Epps
👍

Sat 28 May 2022, 11:42

Latest in the saga of irregular opening hours of the station ticket office:

It’s open on Monday and Tuesday (30 and 31 March) and then only 7 and 24 June.  This is likely to persist for some time.  

nigel rosser
👍

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 11:38

Dear Editor - Hello, a very nice, but slightly vague person at GWR said just now the bus was starting at the stop opposite the Co-Op? I bow to your greater experience in these matters, but are you sure? 

PJ Honey
👍

Sun 24 Apr 2022, 10:35 (last edited on Sun 24 Apr 2022, 11:20)

Apparently there are no trains through Charlbury or Oxford today, just a bus from a stop called ‘Charlbury Village’. Does anyone know where that stop is? It’s apparently not the same as the station. Thanks. 

Edit - it’s at Nine Acres Close by the Wigwell Nature Reserve. 

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 20 Apr 2022, 05:31

According to the GWR app the train is running again next week 

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 19 Apr 2022, 22:56 (last edited on Tue 19 Apr 2022, 22:57)

Richard F may know more, but I think since it gets its info from the train operating companies it is about as accurate and reliable as it can be. I keep the site bookmarked to check on trains that I have an advance purchase ticket on to check that they are running, to avoid unpleasant surprises of the sort you just had.  It is also the site that train buffs use to track non GWR steam trains and strange fire-belching trains passing through Charlbury in the middle of the night.

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:37 (last edited on Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:38)

Thanks Richard. How reliable is the Real-time  Trains website?

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:23 (last edited on Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:24)

Keep the customers guessing.  If I read the Realtime Trains page correctly it looks like that service is cancelled until 13th May. 

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:11 (last edited on Tue 19 Apr 2022, 21:39)

This is a warning to any other unassuming person - once again GWR in their inimitable way have decided not to run the 20:45 train from Oxford to Charlbury all this week. Not even the staff at Oxford station appeared to know anything about it. I am forced to get the next train in an hour. Thanks for nothing GWR! We can’t all work from home. What a way to run a “service”! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.