No BT internet ?

G Clarke
👍 1

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 15:58

I’m further along the street than Tim, but it did come back a little while after I posted.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 15:35

Weird as I'm in Market st and using it now  

G Clarke
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 14:56

Tim spoke too soon - still off on Market Street.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 13:43

Yay back on now 

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 13:13

That explains it 😁 thanks for clarification 👍

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 13:04

It was being discussed in two separate threads – this one and the Gigaclear one. I moved the BT postings in the Gigaclear one across to this thread. Because the posts are in chronological order, that means Susie's shows up first (but only by about one minute!).

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 1

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:51

Question for Richard Fairhurst on this thread that  I started, how come Susie Burnett has moved to the start of the thread now ?

G Clarke
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:46

No BT phone or internet - I’m at the further end of Market Street from Sheep Street.

James Norris
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:30

This has royally screwed up my afternoon plans to lay on the sofa watching golf 😫

William Glasbury
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:29 (last edited on Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:34)

The doctors surgery is offline. They can’t contact patients so are taking details when you get there and promising to phone back - according to a neighbour 

Ian Phillips
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:14

No notification to us as BT Internet customers in Pooles Lane; nice one guys!!

James Meek
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 11:48

Thanks BT - looks like we’ll be gardening today.  No broadband since just after 10am.

Danuta Gray
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 11:35

Many thanks for the note Tim.   Whole day now working on the phone vs laptop but at least I know why.   Forum provides information BT didn’t ! 

Susie Burnett
👍 1

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 11:21 (last edited on Fri 8 Apr 2022, 11:21)

I find it interesting that two different providers didn’t notify anyone - if Openreach really did tell all providers (they said BT, Talk Talk, etc), surely one would have acted on it. Suggests to me that Openreach aren’t giving the full picture. Am now losing a day’s work potentially! This new development is proving to be quite disruptive!

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:48 (last edited on Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:52)

Same for us on Park Street Susie. No phone or internet. Annoying the providers did not let us know as we are working from home... 

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:39

No internet or phone on Park Street either (I use Phone Coop)

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 3

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:30

If you use Bt for internet and you have lost connection today they are working near 3 horse shoes on hixet wood bt cabinets and having just talked to the blokes there wont be back on till about 5pm we should of recieved notifications about it but no doubt bt were saving paper and not bothering.

Susie Burnett
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:29 (last edited on Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:30)

We currently have no internet connection as Openreach are replacing the cabinet at the bottom of Hixet Wood/Sheep St for the new development. Apparently our providers were supposed to let residents know that the service would be down today, but we had no prior notification from BT. Could be out for some properties for most of the day! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.