Gigaclear- it might be fast but the quality isn’t great.

Miles Walkden
👍

Sun 10 Apr 2022, 00:12

Not sure which router. I’ll check. Doesn’t seam it’s bad for others though. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:40

I’ve found it very good. The speed does go up and down a bit (I’m guessing that’s a contention thing), but generally within the range of “very fast” to “ridiculously fast”. I mostly use a wired connection so, as Katie says, it might be a wireless router issue.

Katie Ewer
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 09:42

I didn't have that problem with it, it was super reliable with no dropping out. Have you got the older crappy router or a VELOP? The original hubs are pants, but the VELOP was excellent. I might still have it if you want to try it as a bridge??

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 7 Apr 2022, 23:05

Is it just us, or is the quality pretty bad? Every time I check we have 3-400 MB but movies are often reduced quality and drop out a lot. 

The problem is, of course, that we have now had the line taken out and replaced so although the contract ends soon, it will mean getting the line removed and paying for something new again, presumably. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.