Thank you Charlbury !

michele marietta
👍 2

Mon 4 Apr 2022, 11:23

Clare: thanks for all the donations and lots of luck in finding a new spot where you can do your lovely work again!

Clare Carswell
👍 14

Sun 3 Apr 2022, 11:08 (last edited on Mon 4 Apr 2022, 12:45)

Thank you to all of you who have shown so much support to myself and Emma Maiden over the last difficult couple of weeks as we packed up our premises. 

Many of you came to our last exhibition and drinks reception on Friday night and we were touched at the outpouring of goodwill for us and the appreciation for all that we have contributed to the cultural life of the area in our combined 24 years at the Spelsbury Road workshops. 

I know that you too are shocked at the sudden way we were evicted which was malicious and needless. It is perhaps a warning as to what can happen when a local business gets sold to someone from out of area who seems to have little regard for the community they move into or as we have found out, the small businesses that they destroy in pursuit of expanding their business. It is a very changed place up there and I know there is a lot of concern locally about it. Although we are devastated at losing our premises this way it is also a relief to be away from what has become an unpleasant place to work.

Emma and I are being positive, we have put our things in store and Emma is finishing her teaching term over at Wilcote. I had a full season planned of exhibitions and visiting artists from the UK and New Zealand coming to make work at the studio. The arts and dementia work that I have been unable to do for two years due to Covid was about to start again. We both hope very much that we can find suitable premises to resume our businesses soon. 

Thanks also to the many of you who have helped me by taking items off my hands, I feel I have rather monopolised the adverts page ! 

Best wishes to you all and thanks again. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.