Toy library?

Grace Cahill
👍

Sat 16 Apr 2022, 21:16

Thank you so much, Paul!

Paul D Jackson
👍 4

Thu 14 Apr 2022, 17:29

Grace let us know if the Corner House Trust can help.

Grace Cahill
👍

Thu 14 Apr 2022, 09:23

Thank you so much Eleanor! If anyone else is interested then please let me know and I’ll be in touch in a few weeks’ time. 

Eleanor Dee
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 13:39 (last edited on Mon 11 Apr 2022, 06:31)

Hi Grace, 

Would be happy to help with a toy library if it is something you decide to do. 
Thanks 

Maureen Nash
👍 3

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 12:44

Hi Grace, I really hope you manage to get this going! It might be worth looking into what funding/grants (if any) might exist. Toys are really expensive these days and, as you say, children outgrow them pretty quickly. With the rapid rise in cost of living, now might be a good time to get some volunteers together. 

Grace Cahill
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 10:32

Thanks for your encouragement Maureen. Interesting to know one did exist and was popular! 

Maureen Nash
👍 1

Tue 5 Apr 2022, 10:33

Yes, Judi Parker, Jenny Lanyon and myself set up a toy library in the former primary school in the 1980s. It seemed to work well and helped families to ring the changes with toys but was dependent on having a team of volunteers. It was also a drop in for parents and carers to stay, play and have a drink. Wishing you every success if you go ahead! 

Grace Cahill
👍

Tue 5 Apr 2022, 09:09

Thanks, Christine.

I think a lot of toy libraries have disappeared over the past two decades - does anyone know if Charlbury had one once? I wonder if there’d be appetite for something like this in the town? Let me know if so!

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 2 Apr 2022, 20:00

There is one in East Oxford; but it is not open (or convenient) for parents round here.

There's a Lego Club at Oxfordshire Libraries (Westgate) on Mon 4th April between 4 - 5 p.m. for 8 - 12 year olds. Booking is via EventBrite. Search Google Lego Club at Oxfordshire County Library.

Also other dates, but not announced. It says "Drop In", so I'm not sure if you do need to book in advance.

Grace Cahill
👍 1

Sat 2 Apr 2022, 14:46

Hello, does anyone know if a toy library exists in West Oxfordshire (or wider Oxfordshire)? A google search hasn’t yielded any results. I’m keen to be able to borrow toys for my son for a short period rather than buy things that won’t last him long!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.