Alan Cobb
👍 1

Mon 28 Mar 2022, 14:39

Label arrived this morning.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 28 Mar 2022, 14:11

I have at last managed to apply.  When the email first came through I applied on line but for reason it was not registered and no payment was deducted.  After seeing this thread I checked again and all is ok now!

Steve Jones
👍

Mon 28 Mar 2022, 13:24

I have managed to renew my garden bin licence, but the system is clearly not working very efficiently. There is a not to leave a delay of at least 15 seconds on one of the screens, but I went conservative and did it on all of them. It did go through first time, but this all seems very odd in this day and age when there are so many online transactions and you expect payment systems to operate smoothly.

Nick Johnson
👍

Mon 28 Mar 2022, 10:50

I tried to pay on line about 4 times but at the end of the process each time it informed me that my payment had not been authorised. I filed a complaint which elicited the response that there was a software glitch which will soon be rectified but try again in a couple of weeks or use the phone line. After a couple of weeks (and two 30 minute unanswered calls), the fault was still there and I made a second complaint. The next day an apologetic lady phoned and completed the process over the phone.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 26 Mar 2022, 11:58

Thank you, Ann. Very helpful.

Ann Lloyd
👍 2

Sat 26 Mar 2022, 11:42

Christine, I rang WODC yesterday.   The labels are at the printers and we will all receive them by the end of the month. 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 26 Mar 2022, 11:31

Has anyone anyone received their garden waste bin stickers from WODC?

It's now a month since I applied, and received an email receipt. But I have yet to receive anything to stick on my 2 green bins. It would be helpful to know if others are in the same position.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 25 Feb 2022, 18:26

Thank you, Matt.

I couldn't find an email, and I missed out last year, so I will apply online. 

Applications for garden waste bins and licences here: https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/what-to-put-in-your-bin/garden-waste-bin/

The cost has gone up again (£40 per bin). And it is necessary to apply by mid-March to get the licences through in time for the new bin year which starts on April 1st.

Matt Wells
👍

Fri 25 Feb 2022, 17:58

I have just spotted the WODC email for the licence renewal buried in the Promotions Box of my gmail account. I seem to remember that last year some people missed the email. You might want to have a rummage around in various inboxes. I received mine yesterday.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.