New Bistro for former Post Office

Ann Roberts
👍 2

Tue 1 Mar 2022, 06:32

It's so exciting that the empty Post Office is going to be put to such good use, and wish you all the best for your plans.   We look forward to enjoying the results!

Claire Warrick
👍 2

Mon 28 Feb 2022, 21:56

Yay! I'm really happy to read your news Marcia! Good things come to those who wait!

Can you tell us the name of your new enterprise, or is it all firmly under wraps for now?

I'd like to wish you the best of luck! It all sounds amazing!

Kim Harrison
👍 2

Mon 28 Feb 2022, 16:24

Fantastic news Marcia!!! We cannot wait for you to open! Looking forward to updates from you. Where can we get details of your private dining? 

James Norris
👍 2

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 19:14 (last edited on Sun 27 Feb 2022, 19:19)

Great post, Marcia. 

Congratulations on realising your dream and can’t wait to become a regular. I’ve spent a lot of time in South America, so delighted to hear you’re going to bring that inspiration to the menu. Hoping for some signature cocktails too.

Do you want to post your details so people can place orders before you open, or are they somewhere on this site already?

Matthew Greenfield
👍 2

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 19:12 (last edited on Sun 27 Feb 2022, 19:35)

Sounds amazing Marcia. Best of luck with the building work, etc. Looking forward (patiently) to trying your delicious sounding food!

marcia
👍 31

Sun 27 Feb 2022, 17:46

Hi everyone, I have just seen this thread.

I know that many people are interested to know about the plans for the old Post Office in Market Street, now that planning approval has recently been granted for a café / bistro.

My name is Marcia. I am originally from Brazil, and I made Charlbury my home 14 years ago after a few years living in France. I arrived hardly speaking any English, but Charlbury is a special town and has always been an amazingly welcoming place where I have put down my roots with my husband and two boys. I feel settled here in the community and do various voluntary work for the elderly in the town.

From aged nine, I was responsible for cooking for my family as a necessity, so it was always a chore. It was only later as a grown up that food became a passion, and I was fascinated to try new dishes. Last year I made the decision to follow my dream to train as a professional chef.

I am super-excited to have the opportunity to bring a new food business to Charlbury. I want to create a place with a warm welcome and friendly atmosphere, serving great food that the locals love to frequent. My cooking influences are undoubtedly South American, but I hope to serve a range of modern international cuisine, sophisticated desserts, chocolate, and patisserie.

I hope that my future business will give further reason to visit the town centre and will complement the food businesses already there.

Although our initial focus will be on the refurbishment, with the flats a priority, in time, I hope to have my business open. This may take a while and happen in stages before being fully operational, so it is too early to give details and I would thank you for your patience. In the meantime, I am looking to cook meals to order and will offer private dining in the area.

I hope you will show your support to help make it a success. Muito obrigada !!

John Munro
👍 6

Fri 25 Feb 2022, 13:43

Maeve - no sexism meant, just that the planning application was a man’s name!

Maeve Bradbury
👍 5

Fri 25 Feb 2022, 13:06

He - or even she.

John Munro
👍 3

Fri 25 Feb 2022, 11:01

Also pleased to see an additional option for us here in Charlbury - and a currently empty property being brought back into use.

I see that the successful applicant already lives here in Charlbury, so perhaps he could provide a brief idea of what he is proposing to offer/tempt us with - food, drinks, opening hours etc?

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Thu 24 Feb 2022, 23:03

Yippee!!

Wonder if they'll do take-outs?  

Kate Pook
👍 3

Thu 24 Feb 2022, 20:00

Great news!

James Norris
👍 19

Tue 22 Feb 2022, 12:44

Plans approved for a new bistro on the site of the former Post Office on Market Street. Also includes 2 x one-bedroom flats above.

Excellent news, great to see it provide a dining alternative to a pub.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.