Radon Gas in Charlbury ?

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Fri 18 Feb 2022, 08:41

Hi Vicky, we’ve had tests done and had work to remedy the problem. If you need any recommendations do get in touch. 

Chris Wastie
👍

Sun 13 Feb 2022, 15:47

think twice before contacting Environmental Health, a check was done at my garage at Ascott & the readings were a little high so my buyer of the garage was forced to have the workshop floor sealed & vented. i did try to tell the E V that i had worked in my workshop for the past 38 years & had no problems with my health & i smoke  Chris Wastie 

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 12 Feb 2022, 13:45

There's an interactive map which shows that different areas of Charlbury have very different levels of risk: from 3-5% to 30% +. 

I am in a low risk area, so would not bother. Remediation does have costs attached: https://www.ukradon.org/information/ukmaps

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 12 Feb 2022, 13:32

Yes. Indeed about 10 years ago the WODC arranged a series of meetings in areas with the underlying rock strata like Charlbury and a lot of people had free before and after tests of their indoor air. 

Quite a few remedial works were done by the companies that had exhibited at the public meetings where the free tests showed that the indoor air levels were above recommended.

Environmental Health would be your first port of call. I’d be interested if WODC or someone still does free tests to check follow up levels some years later.

vicky burton
👍

Sat 12 Feb 2022, 13:07

Has anyone had a radon test?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.