Smart meters - not safety but functionality?

Peter Astbury
👍 1

Fri 11 Feb 2022, 09:32

we have a smart metre and it works fine they have there own wifi you get the odd time when you cant top up but if you ring your provider they will sort it 

Harriet Baldwin
👍 1

Thu 10 Feb 2022, 22:21

My smart electric key meter is a PITA because it doesn't have a good signal and if there's no signal it won't top up or tell me how much credit there is on. I don't know what network it uses, but I really wish I'd kept the old style key meter because while I had to top up in the shop and couldn't do it online, there was never any risk of totally running out and being without power because I didn't know how much was on it. I doubt you're talking about a key meter though. 

Julia Webb
👍

Thu 10 Feb 2022, 19:26

I have a smart meter for electric. It does its job. The gas meter is outside and was unable to be connected to a smart meter. 

Simon Hogg
👍

Thu 10 Feb 2022, 18:14

Has anyone had any success with smart meter, gas or electricity? I'm a bit marmite about them for a few reasons. However, the most crucial thing is a good mobile signal, otherwise they are no longer smart. Given my gas meter is in the cellar, I doubt a smart gas meter will work. The location of the electricity meter, although above ground, does not provide a good signal on three of the networks (EE, Three, Vodafone), although I don't know how much of a signal the meters require as it's only small data packets, thus a 'just there' signal might suffice. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.