Lime plastering recommendation

Andrew Chapman
👍 5

Thu 3 Feb 2022, 17:00

"What is the point of advertising if you don't want any business?" As someone who is self-employed (of the 'staring at a computer' kind rather than the 'doing something useful', perhaps!) I can at least relate to that scenario from the other side. Self-employed people advertise perhaps in quiet patches or from paranoia that work will dry up. But then what often happens, if one is fortunate, is that lots of work comes in - and the bookings stack up, and availability plummets. It's a difficult balance, and I appreciate it's frustrating for customers. Not replying at all is clearly unhelpful (though it's easier to reply when one's work involves staring at a computer). I hope you find your plasterer!

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Thu 3 Feb 2022, 16:53

That is my experience of many in the "trades" around here - 'busy all year' and non-replies. What is the point of advertising if you don't want any business? 

Why do you want lime plaster?

Gareth Epps
👍

Thu 3 Feb 2022, 14:21

Emailed those who advertise here who may have been interested, the recommendation here, and another based nearby....  so far two who won't do cellar work, two who are 'busy all year' and two non-replies.  More recommendations welcome!

Simon Walker
👍

Mon 31 Jan 2022, 09:56

Neil Lutton - currently working on 'Shadbolts' (next to Narrow Lane) on Hixet Wood.

Gareth Epps
👍

Mon 31 Jan 2022, 07:22

Any recommendations for someone to lime plaster a cellar wall?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.