Thames Water - some words of praise.

Brian Murray
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 23:07

Having been one of many people vocal about the poor performance of Thames Water in recent years, it is only fair that I now give praise and express my thanks to two Thames emloyees.

When plumbers working at my home were unable to locate a stop cock on the road-side, I was lucky enough to chance upon a Thames gang working 200 yards away. They were willing to use a metal detector to search for the hidden valve and within a couple of minutes were successful.

Even more importantly, when 30 minutes later the stop cock sheared off and water was flowing at a hell of a rate down the road, they were happy to come back after completing their existing job and then stop the leak by replacing the valve.

So, my thanks to these two men for their willingness to happily sort out a problem there and then, rather than direct me to a 'jobsworth' who would perhaps have kept me waiting until the small hours of the morning.

Well done, Thames - and thank you.

There have been many occasions when Thames Water have been criticised

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.