a new year (Debate)

ken jones
👍

Tue 5 Jan 2010, 18:41

nice one ray spoken like a true charlbrarien. happy new year from uncle ken.

Ray Marshall
👍

Sat 2 Jan 2010, 08:33

I wouldnt say i ran a better website as its not an easy job as Richard will well know, but he is doing a very good job here.
As to what is a true Charlbury person is difficult to define. A person moving into Charlbury who does thing for the comunity for the right reasons, meaning not doing things just to climb the social ladder could be a true Charlbury person. We hear of people moving into the town and immediately complaining or trying to change things just because they dont like them (like church bells) and these people are best done without. When i was doing the webite and Barclays Bank closed i was shocked the number of people who didnt know there was a bank in town. Being a bit crude here so sorry but lots of commutors just use Charlbury as a place to have a crap and get their heads down and then off on the train the following morning. These are not Charlbury people or any use to the local community.

ken jones
👍

Fri 20 Feb 2009, 20:05

david i am not a merchant banker although some people would beg to differ.i would love to do more things in charlbury but living on top of a mountain in mid wales iam to far away to make a difference.so if you have any thoughts how i can help please dont be afraid to ask.so i will carry on listening to sea sick steve and playing the blues.

Dave Oates
👍

Thu 19 Feb 2009, 08:56

An intriguing (if non-specific) response Ken. I can only assume you were highly active at school as I don't see you at all the things I am involved in! I have a feeling the only person you keep amused is yourself and hopefully, only in the privacy of your own home.

ken jones
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2009, 16:43

i might keep certain people amused and you have to prove yourself a charlbrarien fifteen years is probation i wish you luck. one day you can call yourself a local. but not a charlbrarien.idid more for charlbury when i was at school than you will do in your life time.good luck in your attempt to be a true charlbrarien.

Alan Sinclair
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:46

Well said Dave..... How’s the back by the way?

Dave Oates
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2009, 10:08

I would enter into your desired debate Ken, but having only lived here 15 years, I don't feel qualified. Just as a matter of interest, as a "true Charlburian", can I ask what you do for the community. I am sure someone with your obvious love and pride for the town must be active in all sorts of areas. Don't hide your light under a bushel.

ken jones
👍

Sun 15 Feb 2009, 12:58

very happy thank you mr sinclair that sounds like a good old charlbury name lived here all your life have you. i dont think so.it seems nobody wants a debate or even a bit off harmless banter on this site anymore. that is a shame we all need a laugh some times.still i will keep watching this site in case there is a worthy opponent out there willing to have fun and not take offence.dont be boring give it a go life is short enough. this grease pit was set up by richard to keep the likes of me off the main topic board so use it. be men of charlbury dont think it and press your x buttons say it with pride. iam a charlbrarien and proud of it.

ken jones
👍

Fri 6 Feb 2009, 18:39

well richard you and ninety nine percent of posters on this site dont count. maybe your children do its a birth rite.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:33

No more Giro or Ivan? Now 'Ken', you know that isn't true.

That said, I think the common thread with all three (and Ray) is that they've moved/are moving away from Charlbury, which does make me wonder what your definition of a "proper Charlbrarien" [sic] is - clearly not "someone who lives in Charlbury"!

Alan Sinclair
👍

Sat 17 Jan 2009, 00:08

Your a happy chap then Mr Jones

ken jones
👍

Fri 16 Jan 2009, 20:06

no more giro no more ivan no more igor no more debate on this site lets just concentrate on being boring. with in twelve months this web site will be dead. bring back ray marshall and a web site fit for proper charlbrariens.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.