Slow Ways?

Paul D Jackson
👍 1

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 15:32 (last edited on Fri 28 Jan 2022, 16:06)

Hello from Walkers are Welcome Group!!

Responding to all the comments: as WaW Charlbury Group supported by the Council, we have investigated Slow Ways and think it is a great initiative, including a route Charlbury/Chipping Norton.

We have many circular walks on this site ( Click WALKS header, then to get maps click on the individual pdf). We have recently opened 2 new paths.

Anyone can join us: message here or sign up to our WhatsApp group at 07974 565618 which arranges walks at the last moment.

Charlie M
👍 1

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 13:13

Sadly it has not been in print (as far as I am aware) since Covid hit us, but there used to be some wonderful local walks (involving pubs!) in the excellent "Beer on Tap".

Gareth Epps
👍

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 12:57

There has been some talk at the Town Council’s Environment Working Group of developing such a network as one of a number of initiatives.

William Robinson
👍 3

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 08:45

A local contribution would be to post on the Charlbury website the different walking routes to all the neighbouring towns and villages. Useful for newcomers and visitors.

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Wed 19 Jan 2022, 10:36

It's a great project (I made a small contribution in the early crowdsourced phase).

Miranda Higham
👍

Wed 19 Jan 2022, 07:42

Thank you for sharing this Malcolm. I have just started taking a look at their website.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 2

Tue 18 Jan 2022, 22:12

Only just stumbled upon this. Any of our local cartographers been into this initiative? From The Guardian:

How the Slow Ways network could change walking in Britain

Geographers have used lockdown to map a network of routes across Britain – joining urban areas via forgotten pathways

Dan Raven-Ellison on one…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.