Priority Postbox, Ticknell Piece Road

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Sat 15 Jan 2022, 23:24

I contacted Royal Mail and after 10 days received an email asking for the number of the post box.  As I was unwell, I went on the Royal Mail website and found it for her!

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 5 Jan 2022, 18:22

Chipping Norton Post Office -- the one in the Coop -- was amazingly busy today. A huge queue to the top of the escalator, and apparently it was like that for most of the day. Not sure why -- lots of people with packages. Perhaps returning Christmas purchases?

Anyway, thanks for warning about the delivery of test kits, Steve. Still waiting for mine to turn up.

Steve Jones
👍

Wed 5 Jan 2022, 12:12

I would not be surprised if the Royal Mail was suffering staff shortage issues because of isolation. I had a test kit delivered a day late, despite being notified of the day of delivery and that it had arrived at the Chipping Norton delivery office early on the morning and the notice to say it would be delivered by 3pm.

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Wed 5 Jan 2022, 10:20

Shorthampton and Spelsbury were listed when testing first started. The former box isn't remotely big enough even to fit a test box!

Gareth Epps
👍

Wed 5 Jan 2022, 10:06

Bizarrely, Shorthampton is now listed as a Priority Postbox, as is Spelsbury.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 4 Jan 2022, 18:03

Amanda is right about the overflowing post-box, but the Royal Mail website that I used does say 4 p.m., as written on the box itself.

I find it hard to get the Royal Mail website to show priority post-boxes outside Charlbury. But it's worth noting that Enstone (Post Office) is listed at 5 p.m. and Chipping Norton (High Street) is 18.15. Witney (High Street) is 18.30.

I think what is needed for Charlbury is 2 priority post-boxes, not simply a larger box at Ticknell Piece. (Cornbury Estate is no longer listed on the priority postbox page.)

Amanda Epps
👍 4

Tue 4 Jan 2022, 14:17

At 1.45 today the box was full, almost overflowing.  Later residents would have difficulty posting anything and given the usage at the moment a larger Postbox is required.   If you check on the Royal Mail website the collection time is given as 3pm but the notice on the box says 4pm!

I have contacted Royal Mail about the issue.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.