Ticket office closed at Charlbury

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 18 Dec 2021, 10:40

Perhaps they had a sudden covid outbreak.  Buy the railcard on line very simple and quick.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 3

Fri 17 Dec 2021, 13:01

Buy railcards on line.

Carl A Perkins
👍

Fri 17 Dec 2021, 12:16

The early morning trains are so quiet at the moment that they probably deem it as an unnecessary facility. Most (of the very few) early morning weekday travellers appear to be commuters who either have a season ticket or (like me) purchase a ticket via the online app. No good of course for people wanting railcards!

The last few mornings I’ve been using the train, the new coffee shop has also been closed, probably for the same reason…

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 17 Dec 2021, 11:48

That’s odd – GWR are usually quite good at putting closures on their Journeycheck page but there’s nothing there.

michele marietta
👍

Fri 17 Dec 2021, 11:46

Should be open until 12:30.

Jan Going
👍

Fri 17 Dec 2021, 11:41

So annoyed this morning.   I walked half an hour to purchase a railcard for my daughter, only to find the ticket office closed.  No reason why.   Does this often happen?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.