Prime Minister tonight on TV Boosters for younger people

Philip Ambrose
👍 8

Sat 18 Dec 2021, 20:17

I would disregard anything that the current occupant of 10 Downing Street says, but if Professor Chris Whitty says go get vaccinated / boosted that's a different matter altogether.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Sat 18 Dec 2021, 11:58

I am sure everyone who can get to the two CMC Covid vaccination dates in Charlbury will want to do so.

But for those who can't make Dec. 23rd or 30th, it's worth noting that Worcester Race Course walk-in clinic has had its days and hours extended: 

Worcester Racecourse will be open from 9am to 8pm Monday 20th to Thursday 23rd December, with plans to open on December 28 to 30, with hours to be confirmed. The racecourse is about a 10 minute walk from Worcester Foregate St rail station.

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Tue 14 Dec 2021, 17:26

Don’t go to Worcester .....please see News.

Emily Algar
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 14:16

Thank you Sarah, that's good to know.

Christine Battersby
👍 2

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 11:48

Worcester Racecourse is also a walk-in clinic, even though it does not show up when you enter Charlbury into the NHS site. Enter a different location on the NHS site to find other places! 

Worcester Monday and Tuesday 9 - 5. Looks as if it is Pfizer only (but check).

Live wait times etc are here: https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/19780522.live-updates-walk-covid-booster-jabs-worcester--wait-times-queues/

Sarah Khoja
👍 4

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 10:29

I wouldn’t recommend Kidlington walk in as there are hundreds of people here. It is likely I will queue for two hours and not end up getting my jab. I’ve been here since 9.15. 

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 09:51 (last edited on Mon 13 Dec 2021, 10:07)

I think the Kassam is only for immuno-suppressed people, and you need a letter from your GP to show that you qualify. This is according to comments to an article on "This is Oxfordshire". So check before you travel. 

Felt sorry for those trying to get a vaccination yesterday and travelling on public transport, since nearly all the trains in the London direction seemed to be cancelled for most of the day, and some also in the other direction -- reasons given "guard taken ill" and "shortage of staff".

But don't forget Kidlington is accessible by bus, except on Sundays, bank holidays and over the Christmas period. S3 or 7, change at Woodstock to 500 or 7 -- after January 1st 500 discontinued. On Sundays, approach from the other direction -- either Oxford train station then 500, 7 or no 2 buses.) Again timetable changes for the no 2 bus at the start of January.

Emily Algar
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 09:08

The closest walk-in clinics seem to be limited to Kidlington but only on a Monday and Tuesday and the Kassam. 

I'm pleased see all of this has been meticuously planned. 

christopher edeson
👍 3

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 08:59

After putting my nhs number in 423 times I finally managed to put my post code in - it offered me haddenham - No thanks. Given up. 

Emily Algar
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 08:45

The NHS website is back online this morning but after getting through to the page to input my NHS number,  I was prompted numerous times to keep inputting the number. Then once I got past that, I was then asked if I was immnosuppressed but then was kicked back to the NHS number page over and over again. Just a warning to those trying to book this morning. 

Amanda Epps
👍 7

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 23:22

I agree with you Jean.   He couldn’t organise a woodpecker’s breakfast in Sherwood Forest!

Jean Adams
👍 1

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 20:11

Perhaps he should read your complaints.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.