Nail in tyre

Tim Gosling
👍

Thu 17 Feb 2022, 15:58

Second one of the year for me. Luckily the tyre was not new this time.

Miles Walkden
👍 1

Tue 18 Jan 2022, 09:43

I had a screw in (brand new ) tire this weekend. Very expensive. 

Hugo Pickering
👍

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 20:47

I'm interested to read this, as we seem to regularly get nails and screws in tyres in our Renault Zoe when delivering papers around Charlbury area from Cafe de la Post. We have had two punctures in the past month and a number before then. I can't imagine anyone does it intentionally, but it does seem odd to have so many. Very costly too!

Tim Gosling
👍

Mon 17 Jan 2022, 16:02

First one of the year for me. A 5cm wood screw. Luckily i spotted it before i had driven anywhere. Right on the edge so tyre ruined.

Andrew Mitchell
👍 2

Wed 22 Dec 2021, 22:11

Two in the last year…  I think work persons let them roll around in the back if their vehicle, and they make their way onto the outer lip, then to the road… 

Kim Sale
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 22:16

Three in the past six months, a screw, nail and a Stanley knife blade!

john h
👍 1

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 16:47

Not surprising really considering the plethora of tradesman vans in town at the present time, I have picked up nails/screws where a van had been parked not far from my house. John H

Neil V.
👍

Mon 13 Dec 2021, 15:58

We’ve had three punctures this year, two in the last 8 weeks. Both caused by nails.

Tim Gosling
👍 3

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 20:56

Interested to read this. Over the last few years i have been suffering regular punctures. I think i have had in the region of 15. One tyre on my Nissan blew out due to a screw in it on my way to Witney. A couple of weeks later its replacement then had a puncture. When i took it in to Kwik Fit they found the remains of a tent peg stuck through the hole. I thought that this was down to really bad luck but maybe not. Time for the Police to get involved?   

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 19:24 (last edited on Sun 12 Dec 2021, 19:25)

Also see https://www.charlbury.info/forum/8570#47151

Helen Chapman
👍

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 19:18

My son picked one up on Sheep street today.

John Davis
👍

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 16:07

Yes, we have had one this weekend. 

Ben Dytor
👍 2

Sun 12 Dec 2021, 12:29

Has anyone else driven over a nail recently? I have come across a few people who have and I wondered if there is someone dropping them on purpose??? Quite dangerous as can cause a crash if tyre bursts on motorway. (I ended up missing half a days work at the hospital because of it! Dean a terry at Charlbury garage fixed it really quickly though and charged a very decent price).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.