Charlbury Society "Zoom" Meeting on Salt trade - recorded?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 6 Dec 2021, 22:04

Speakers charging for talking about their enthusiasms - oh! How innocent me! That helps to explain the extortionate annual fee for joining the CS. And that reminds me did I subscribe last year even, not to mention this year… I’m sure I went to a talk a couple of months back… something military? And have no recollection. Does the Society have any sort of website?

Nikki Rycroft
👍 1

Mon 6 Dec 2021, 17:48

Am I missing something here? Is there a connection between our Charlbury Society talk on salt and the availability of lateral flow tests at the Pharmacy.....?

So Malcolm , I’m sorry you missed the talk. It’s always on the first Thursday of the month between October and May. No we can’t record it as the speaker charges a fee and also often delivers the same talks to other local history associations across the country now most talks are on Zoom. 

Phil Morgan
👍

Mon 6 Dec 2021, 16:36

Gosh! "Salt in ancient times"! Now, that is a compelling topic on here! John, you have to humour people you know...

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 6 Dec 2021, 15:40

We forgot about the CSS talk on salt in "ancient times" the other night, drat. 

Was it by any chance spun to disk or whatever and available as an online catch-up? 

And have any others been recorded?

Might be, if not recorded, talks be kept, if only for a while, as on-demand recordings?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.