Cut It Out -

Tanya Stevenson
👍 2

Thu 2 Dec 2021, 22:42 (last edited on Fri 3 Dec 2021, 23:43)

Sorry I commented on the wrong thread and can’t seem to delete a comment other than by writing something else!

Emily Algar
👍 1

Thu 2 Dec 2021, 21:41

I don’t believe the online training session prohibits those who are men in the fields of hair and beauty from attending. My understanding it is open to all.

Phil Morgan
👍 7

Thu 2 Dec 2021, 12:37

Just to widen this a little:

Domestic abuse is not only physical violence. Often it is coercive abuse, ie, controlling behaviour towards a partner. This can be denial of financial independence or it can be just plain bullying by verbal threats. It is all domestic abuse.

Secondly, it happens to men as well as women. Therefore, it would be wise to include places like barbershops or tattoo parlours where men may share their experiences.   

Leah Fowler
👍 1

Wed 1 Dec 2021, 16:01

Sorry you are right, but it is not very clear 

William Glasbury
👍 12

Wed 1 Dec 2021, 10:18

It’s about reducing the risk of undisclosed domestic violence, specifically targeting beauty professionals as their places of work are often “safe spaces” in which they are able to identify safeguarding issues and in which women typically disclose.

Not to be conflated with the risks around the pandemic.  

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 1 Dec 2021, 08:06

Twenty months since the pandemic began!!! Really helpful 

Emily Algar
👍 3

Tue 30 Nov 2021, 19:16 (last edited on Wed 1 Dec 2021, 16:35)

In light of the training session Reducing the Risk (a organisation that is dedicated to the safety of adults and children at risk of domestic abuse)  is running at the Community Centre on Monday 13th December (11am-1pm), I thought this might be of interest to those who work as beauty or hair professionals in Charlbury and the surrounding area. It is an online event next Monday.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cut-it-out-west-oxfordshire-tickets-205555450887

It is a collaboration between Thames Valley Police, West Oxfordshire Community Safety Partnership, Abingdon and Witney College, and Reducing the Risk.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.