Milk and More

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 8 Dec 2021, 11:40 (last edited on Wed 8 Dec 2021, 11:52)

I contacted Hanover yesterday via their contact form, and have just heard back -- actually moments after posting to say that I had heard nothing. 

Deliveries are Tuesday & Friday, usually made before 7.30am.

Prices:

1pt glass bottle milk – 99p (full cream/semi/skim)

1pt glass Organic - £1.21 (full cream/semi/skim)

1 pt glass Oat Drink £1.38

1pt glass orange juice - £1.35

1pt glass apple juice - £1.35

1/2doz large free-range eggs - £1.89

500ml glass milkshake - £1.29 (choc/straw/bana/coffee)

1ltr Almond/Coconut (no added sugar or sweetener) - £1.89

Soya (sweetened) - £1.89

Gold Top/Channel Island 1pt Glass - £1.21

Pumphreys Tea (100 tea bags £5.95)

Pumphreys Coffee (Instant £2.49 & Filter £3.50)

There is a 50p charge for delivery if ordering less than 3 pints per week.

As I always buy organic, this means that they are a lot more expensive than M&M.

Abel and Cole also delivers organic milk & food & household things on Wednesdays to Charlbury, but does not do glass bottles. There's a £12 minimum order + £1.99 delivery charge, and it all requires a degree of organisation (need to order 2 days before). I may investigate this later, but for the time being I will stick with Milk& More.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Wed 8 Dec 2021, 11:14

Hanover Dairies https://www.hanoverdairies.co.uk/ . A northern company branching southward with a new depot in Long Hanborough, it seems.  Looks promising.  We've not been having any serious problems with M&M, and I have gotten used to their web site for pausing or changing orders quickly, so I'm not ready to jump ship yet, but it would be handy for new Hanover customers to share their experiences if they wish.

Alan Cobb
👍

Wed 8 Dec 2021, 10:08

Claire, do you have contact details for Hanover, please?  Milk and More have just left my order 3 doors up yet again in spite of a notice pointing them to the right door and in spite of telling them umpteen times.  Their abject apologies are just so much flannel and I have had enough of them.

Claire Wilding
👍 2

Tue 7 Dec 2021, 16:01

Hanover are delivering milk in Charlbury, I've just signed up with them. All ok so far, though it's only been one day!

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 7 Dec 2021, 15:34 (last edited on Tue 7 Dec 2021, 15:44)

Milk&More delivers oat milk, plus various other kinds of plant-based milk. 

Hard to find an alternative, although there is a milk-vending machine in Bloxham: https://www.milkywheys.co.uk/vending-machine

Diddly Squat Farm also has a milk vending machine if you can bear the queues (from the same dairy that supplies Charlbury Deli): https://northcotswoldsdairy.com/stockists

Hugh Belshaw
👍 1

Tue 7 Dec 2021, 15:09

Why not try oat milk, it's surprisingly good and quite difficult to tell the difference and it's also kinder to the environment - no methane.

Jonathan Mazower
👍

Tue 7 Dec 2021, 14:56 (last edited on Tue 7 Dec 2021, 14:56)

Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative supplier? I'm equally frustrated...

Liz Drake
👍

Tue 7 Dec 2021, 08:08

Yes milk is no more!

William Glasbury
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 16:47

Ours hasn’t arrived but have noticed 3 bottles outside the empty property in Sheep St if anyone is missing organic semi skimmed! 

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 13:31

Anyone on Dyers Hill expecting 2 bottles of green top milk?  2 have just appeared on my doorstep.

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 11:24

I’m afraid I’ve cancelled mine until January as I have had three missed deliveries and once my milk left way away from my house . I have a dozen pint bottles which now haven’t been collected .....

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 10:40

They have just been - even got the right house for the second time in a row.

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:53

No sight or sound of them on Dyers Hill so far.

Ian Lewis
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:43

No milk before I left for Oxford this morning.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:32

Thank you Andrew. Milk just arrived.

2 people, running around like crazy. No idea where the houses for delivery are. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:26

The driver told us this morning that he is only temporary cover.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:23

It's a Friday, so Milk&More is late again.

How are others doing? 

If anyone manages to see and talk to the milk delivery person, please could they report here if they manage to find out why the problem is so much worse on Fridays. Thank you.

Christine Battersby
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 13:26

Mine delivered to Ditchley Rd by 1 p.m. Not good!

Does anyone know if the 2 different milk-rounds in Charlbury have been collapsed into one? 

Also, is it the same milk-delivery person on each day of the week? Last Friday it was a woman, but I missed seeing her (or him) today. 

Not sure why for me it's just on Fridays when the delivery is so late. Especially annoying as I get text messages late on a Friday from M&M about elves making the deliveries, and also about how green they are now ...

Simon Walker
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 12:02

Milk arrived here in Hixet Wood at 11.31.  Sorry, folks - I should have reported in earlier, but I was just finishing off my delayed cereal .....

michele marietta
👍 1

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 11:03

I had no idea that Steve retired! That's a drag. He was lovely!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 1

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 10:38

yes they reversed into my other half's car parked outside the Bull on early Tuesday as you can imagine she was not happy they left a business card saying sorry and to contact head office for help then signed it the milkman !  Insurance now dealing with it all.  

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 10:09

Not yet delivered to Ditchley Rd. Was also very late (around lunchtime) also last Friday. 

Not sure it's because of Steve retiring, but some new fancy technology which M&M is currently trialling to cut delivery routes (according to messages from M&M).  Of course this technology may be the reason that Steve decided to retire. Very sorry to see him go -- has been my milkman since the days of Charlbury Dairy and Pratley's. 

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 09:56

It has just come, a bit late for breakfast.

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 09:45

None this morning, but OK until then.

christopher edeson
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 08:42

nope, ours has been fine

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 08:24

Is anyone else having trouble with Milk and More since Steve retired?  Four missed deliveries in a row.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.