Fireworks/bonfire for 2021?

Nick Johnson
👍 6

Sun 7 Nov 2021, 10:25

Alan Fraser has pointed out that Frome has pioneered a wonderful alternative to a firework display https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax0-GSNHNvY

Graham Wisker
👍 3

Sat 6 Nov 2021, 18:13

I remember when Terry Wogan used to do a firework display on his radio 2 breakfast show. He used to describe the patterns and noises made by them and at the end said that no animals were harmed.

Nick Johnson
👍 7

Sat 6 Nov 2021, 13:58

I made a small point about the need for carbon reduction to see if anyone would take it up. I can barely believe that in the middle of COP 26 we are sad at missing the opportunity of chucking a couple of utterly unnecessary tons of carbon dioxide and other noxious substances into the atmosphere. Our children- who are generally much more climate conscious than their parents- need to understand that this is exactly the sort of activity which the world can no longer afford.

No doubt there are those who will call me a carbon killjoy, but my challenge to Paul and the cricket club is to come up with a fund raising event which is both carbon neutral and fun. I'll be there contributing to that.

Flora Gregory
👍 9

Thu 4 Nov 2021, 15:52

Please check your bonfire before you light it to make sure a hedgehog hasn't taken up residence.

That pile of twigs and branches might look like a nice quiet place for hibernation. 

Or just leave the pile for the hedgehogs and don't light it, even better :-)

michele marietta
👍 5

Thu 4 Nov 2021, 15:34

Rats. Thanks Paul. Maybe next year. I'm sure going to miss them and all the fun at the Cricket Club.

Nick Johnson
👍 5

Thu 4 Nov 2021, 12:40

And a small contribution to carbon dioxide reduction

Rosemary Bennett
👍 7

Thu 4 Nov 2021, 10:46

This will be great news for all owners of animals be they horses, cows, sheep, or dogs!

Paul D Jenkins
👍 4

Thu 4 Nov 2021, 07:35

Sadly no. The logistics and considerations around Covid led to an early decision to not hold an event this year. Hopefully next year will be very different…

michele marietta
👍

Wed 3 Nov 2021, 21:39

I can't see anything on charlbury.info about fireworks for bonfire night. Does anyone know if anything's happening this year?

I'm so out of the loop!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.