Local mushroom expert?

Rachel Cooper
👍 1

Mon 1 Nov 2021, 22:36

Hi. I’ve got loads of poisonous earth balls coming up under my silver birch trees. I found a good website www.wildfooduk.com which helped me find out about mushrooms. I have to go out and get rid of them every day incase my dog decides to eat them. They are like hard pebbles under your feet so easy to find amongst the lawn. I also have a good rspb fungi book you are welcome to borrow. 

victoria bull
👍 2

Mon 1 Nov 2021, 22:26

Be very careful. Field mushrooms can be easily confused with poisonous species such as Destroying Angel. Only eat mushrooms that you've found if they are identified by an expert.

Caroline Shepherd
👍 2

Sun 31 Oct 2021, 14:40

Hi Jonathan, I’m not an expert but have lots of books to if for you. Can you send pictures? Otherwise there are lots of Facebook groups that could help

Jonathan Mazower
👍

Sat 30 Oct 2021, 11:20

We have mushrooms growing in our lawn that I'm pretty sure are edible field mushrooms, but it would be good to know for sure before eating them! Does anyone know of a local expert who could be consulted? With thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.