New S3 bus timetable.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 20 Oct 2021, 18:35 (last edited on Wed 20 Oct 2021, 18:43)

Shelagh, The bus timetables are pretty confusing, but I don't think this can be right.

While George Street was pedestrianised (for eating outside during Covid lockdown and beyond), most S3 buses did not go as far as Gloucester Green, and I wonder if this is what caused the times on the bus stop to be out of date. The pedestrianisation ended on 20 September. But George Street does sometimes get closed for other reasons as well.

As far as I know, buses run from Gloucester Green to Stonesfield (and Charlbury) also at 13.17 and 14.17 and then at 15.17, then 16.15, but then not again until 19.47.  That is what the online timetable (live and pdf) says.

There are many more buses from Magdalen Street to Stonesfield and Charlbury than from Gloucester Green, because the no 7 bus starts from there at the times when it runs (17.35, 18.35). To be safe, I always prefer to walk to Magdalen Street. There's also a N7 bus from Magdalen Street at 00.20, but this starts from Oxford Station and calls at Gloucester Green (Bay 8), although the early evening buses do not.

It's also rather a gamble to discover at which bus stop in Magdalen Street the no 7 bus will stop. Last time I was there (in September), the official number on the bus stop still marked the S3 and no 7 buses on different bus stops. But the printed timetable, the electronic timetable and now also the online timetable have moved the no 7 stop to the same as the S3 stop (i.e. bus stop 4). 

Bus timetables are here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables 

Shelagh Scott
👍

Wed 20 Oct 2021, 17:38

At Gloucester Green this morning I spoke with an elderly lady who had just missed the 1217 to Stonesfield, and asked me when the next would be. We looked together at the timetable which showed the next bus would be at 1517, and that there was a much reduced service. The bus stop on Church Street still shows the old timetable which started last June, and the Stagecoach website says there are alterations in place but details are not yet available on the website. Does anyone have any further information on the service?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.