Dog Fouling in Charlbury Cemetary

Rod Evans
👍 8

Sat 16 Oct 2021, 12:35

Likewise Mill Lane & Mill Field - 4 deposits left in the lane this morning and at least 2 in the field yesterday, despite both being used frequently by families & children - and a bin by the field gate.  I'm sure the majority of owners are conscientious - but pleeese!

And while I'm here, how am I (or is anyone) supposed to know in advance that your dog is 'just being friendly' when it jumps up at me? (A 'discussion' I've had more than once with my dog owning daughter!).

Pauline Eagling
👍 4

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 14:25

I have just come back from a walk and whilst the grass area midway up Dancers Hill is my dogs preferred stop, there is a massive pile on the grass next to the bin.  It clearly is a big dog fouling the area and whilst not pleasant to mention, one with a stomach problem. If the dog owner is reading this, please pick it up and also see a vet.

Gareth Epps
👍

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 13:31

Dogs are prohibited in Ticknell Piece play area.  Anyone taking their dog in there should be reported to the Town Council.  

K Harper
👍 1

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 13:12

How about a few conspicuously placed “CCTV Covert Filming” signs? Good sport just watching people looking for the cameras anyway!  Kris

Deanna Cutting
👍 2

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 12:46

The play area at Ticknell Piece regularly has dog mess underfoot. Folk bring their children to play, often accompanied by a dog, which is enevitably allowed to run free inside the play area, despite both entrance gates having the no dogs allowed notices. A small minority of dog owners who have complete disregard for children's health, & as previously stated, giving responsible dog owners a bad name. Some action by the Town/District councils needs to happen.

vicky burton
👍

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 12:03

I agree! The track opposite the top of Dancers Hill has several deposits, despite a dog poo bin and a sign stating it is illegal to foul the track. I have felt the need to state I'm not responsible to several people recently! What can be done though? You'd need a team of vigilante volunteers to capture the culprits on video I suppose.

Gordon Clemson
👍 4

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 10:14

Its a real shame that the irresponsible dog owners give the rest a bad name. Especially concerning letting dogs run free in Nine Acres ! 

The are signs at each entrance that tells dog owners to keep their dogs on leads whilst in the sports field.

Despite this on a regular basis I clear dogs mess form both football pitches and the last occasion was as the girls are warming up for a match on Saturday morning.

Why, also when it is politely pointed out to dog owners  that the animals should be on leads, that there is ALWAYS  a reason for the fact they are not....without exception, good dog, under close control, no children playing,  no football, the list goes on.

Just put it on lead and you can then see if it fouls the playing surfaces.

Maybe adopt the same rule as the Playing Close and dogs not allowed ?

The rule applies to every dog with no exceptions. This is by order of the Town Council.

The aggressive abuse from small minority is also unacceptable.

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 10:11

It is very clearly a problem, and the Town Council (in the cemetery) and the District Council (more widely) have enforcement powers.  Dogs are not allowed off a lead in the cemetery, and any information as to the identity of the irresponsible individuals will be gratefully received with a view to taking enforcement action and fining those responsible.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍 3

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 09:41

Unfortunately it's not just the cemetery it's all over Charlbury we regularly clear up other dogs deposits, wish dog owners would be more responsible and clean up after their own dogs.

Pauline Eagling
👍 4

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 09:09

As a dog owner too, I am astounded that people can be so irresponsible.  A large dog had relieved itself right next to the footpath at the bottom of Dancers Hill and as us dog owners know, there is a bin at that point especially fit for this purpose. As I live very close to the start of the footpath and regularly walk my little dog there, I just could not leave it there, one, because it was unsightly and secondly, someone could easily slip on it.  Please pick up after your dog.

Lesley Algar
👍 5

Fri 15 Oct 2021, 08:44

As a dog owner, I have always been responsible as most owners are. It is only the few who give dog owners a bad name! 

Vashti Styles-Hale
👍 10

Thu 14 Oct 2021, 22:05

Having visited my sons grave today , I was absolutely appalled by the amount of dog mess in the cemetary today.

Could dog walkers be reminded to show respect and to pick up their dogs exrement as its not pleasant for those of us visiting loved ones and seeing all of this !!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.