Best mobile reception in Charlbury

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 18:07

As I am sure you are aware there are a few separate networks in the UK, Vodafone, EE, O2. and Three. Other ones are MVNOs virtual operators that use one of the above. One of these probably will work for you. I find the best way of finding this out is to ask friends to come your location. Failing that you can always get a simfree phone (one that is not locked to a network operator), such as the Nokia 1, basic but workable, or more advanced ones such as the Nokia 5.4 I am using (also James Bond's choice). Then you can get simcards from each of the network operators - they should be very cheap or even free now. Then you can test which one is best for you. And now with the James Bond phone in your possession you can go for a sim only deal. I paid £ 150 for the phone, and £ 6.50 a month on Tesco mobile. OR you can go for an Iphone 13 for £ 41.99 a month and £ 29 upfront - 3 year cost £ 1,540.64. With my proposal the 3 year cost is £ 384. A considerable saving. A family of four could have a decent free holiday every year...

Andrew Chapman
👍

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 17:33

Giffgaff is good, and uses the O2 network - never had any problems apart from one small patch at the rural end of Quarry Lane!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 17:09

Vodafone good reception all over Charlbury 

Matt Bullock
👍

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 16:21

I'm with EE and the reception is as Rachel describes (on The Green).

Judy kinchella
👍

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 15:54

I’m with EE and have never had a problem with it.

Rachel Brushfield
👍

Fri 8 Oct 2021, 15:04

Would appreciate your advice re your own experience of the best mobile provider re good reception in Charlbury/Oxfordshire. Currently with EE and about 0.5-1 bar if I wave my arm in the air  - on a good day! No sales calls please from Vodaphone/Three etc!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.