IS IT A SCAM???

Charlie M
👍 1

Thu 30 Sep 2021, 15:37

It is still doing the rounds; I received one today. 

It is "signed" by a "neighbour" in Hanover Close, Sandford Rise, which is hardly close enough for them to be a neighbour!

I will not be downloading any strange App either. 

How much damn paper are these people wasting with this mularkey?

Helen Wilkinson
👍 3

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 17:10

I did join. There was a great deal of information regarding neighbouring villages, which was interesting for a while - but there was a constant stream of notifications which were of no interest and finally I got so fed up with them I cancelled. 

Charlbury.info is infinitely superior!

Lee Belcher
👍 3

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 14:57 (last edited on Mon 27 Sep 2021, 14:58)

Thanks both of you, Andrew and Diana.  I read the opinions posted last year, and I have also spoken to  my daughter who lives in Essex.  She is a retired Metropolitan Police Officer so I do trust her judgement and experience.  She tells me that she is herself a member of her local Nextdoor group and thinks they are fine  Having said that, however, I am certainly not joining and have torn up the letter.  Why would we need to beccome involved with an organistion, however admirable, which is run on a world wide basis when we have our own Forum, Neighborhood Watch and the Leisure Centre all of which all do the job admirably.

Diana Limburg
👍

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 13:40

Yes, seems to be doing the rounds again. We had the same in Sandford Park. It had a pretend actual 2nd class stamp on it, to make it look like it's something local/personal, while it really isn't. I tore it up (in line with my opinion about it). 

Andrew Chapman
👍

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 13:16

There's more info (and mixed opinions) about it here: https://www.charlbury.info/forum/7089

Lee Belcher
👍

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 13:03

I have just received a letter in today's mail asking me to join some sort of neighbourly help organisation.  There is no information--neither an address, logo nor organisational name.  It begns HI SANDFORD RISE NEIGHBOUR and goes on to tell me that the neighbourhood is now using a free app called Nextdoor Charlbury and asking me to download the app or go to nextdoor.co.uk/join and enter a code:  SKXSYM.  The whole thing is very odd and I wonder who else has received such a letter?  Just for the record, there is NO way I shall be downloading any stange app.  Am I beingfparanoid?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.