Flu Jabs at Charlbury Medical Centre

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 15:40

Also, do we know if there will be any more booster Covid vaccination days at the Charlbury Medical Centre or is it better (if eligible) to book through the national system now rather than wait and see? Many thanks for any info.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 13:35

Averose Pharmacy are not currently offering a walk-in service but if you are already on their list, you will soon be offered an appointment.

An update from CMC might be useful to avoid multiple phone calls on the same topic?

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:35

Charlbury Pharmacy have a waiting list at the moment as they are waiting for supplies too. There are Boots branches in Oxford that are booking jabs (Headington was last week). It just depends how far you want to travel. This is the NHS search engine.

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/pharmacy/pharmacy-nhs-flu-vaccine-service

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:10 (last edited on Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:12)

Boots in Witney is no longer booking flu jabs for those who have not already booked, because of a shortage of vaccines. I heard the person doing the vaccinations explaining this when I was in Boots yesterday. They were suggesting some other places (including some other branches of Boots) that are still taking bookings.

There are different flu vaccines offered to different age groups. I'm not sure if it applies to both types. In any case I suggest booking a.s.a.p. wherever you choose to go. 

Chris Tatton
👍

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 08:42

Philip - Charlbury Pharmacy was offering free flu vaccinations a couple of weeks ago, and probably still is. 

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 08:12

Any news yet on another date? I was full of cold on Tuesday 5th October so stayed home.

Deborah Hofman
👍 1

Fri 24 Sep 2021, 17:22 (last edited on Fri 24 Sep 2021, 17:23)

Charlbury Medical Centre will be holding flu vaccination clinics at the Charlbury Football and Sports Club on Tuesday 5th October, 8.30-5.00pm for over 65s, and Thursday 7th October, 8.30-5.00pm for over 50s. 

These are walk-in clinics with no set appointments.

You must bring your invitation letter with you and please wear a mask. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.