Gigaclear effectiveness

Shihui Liu
👍

Mon 27 Sep 2021, 12:38

I changed to gigaclear in August 2021 and overall it’s much better than my previous EE(BT) fibre for the same price.

Had issues of intermittent connection for a while and eventually I was completely out of connection for 4 days. They sent Engineers over (had to wait for 4 days without connection) and found the terminal installation was loose at the first place. Got it fixed last week and since then so far so good.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 20:10

To say - I have had Vonage for my business line since 2006. Early on I had to tell the family to get off the computers when someone was calling. But that was at 1-2 mbps. Nowadays at 20 there is no problem, line is crystal clear. Someone will probably comment soon to say VOIP calls are not secure. 

Katie Ewer
👍

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 14:03

We ditched our landline when we signed over to Gigaclear and honestly, best thing I ever did. My mobile has Wifi calling, so I don't need a landline.

Stephen Andrews
👍 1

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 12:19

I am reluctant to sign up until there is one-stop shop for both broadband and landline - I was originally directed by Gigaclear to sign up with a company called Vonage, who never properly followed up my enquiry. Gigaclear recently have said that they are considering offering this service in one package in the future. How have others got on? I am not ready to ditch my landline yet!

Tim Gosling
👍

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 11:55

I had the same positive experience with Gigaclear. I cannot recommend them highly enough. No problems since it has been installed. 

Simon Hogg
👍

Sat 25 Sep 2021, 10:24

Thanks for the replies. My question was raised as I've had a 24 month billing and data protection problem with BT. I wanted to see if Gigaclear were not likely to be as incompetent as BT. I have placed an order, so I will see for myself. I'll also ditch the landline and switch to Vonage, although I'm a tad wary of the quality of VOIP to non-VOIP connections, but it's far cheaper than BT.

Sarah Goad
👍

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 17:34 (last edited on Thu 23 Sep 2021, 17:38)

We had a very smooth time of it with ours. They arranged a date two weeks from my call, and the following day someone came to inspect the property. It was deemed a straight forward installation, so was free. A few days later, they called to say there’d been a cancellation, so we ended up with it being installed only 6 days after placing the order. 
2 lovely chaps arrived on time, drilled a hole through the lounge wall, connected it all up and made good, and left within an hour.

Since then, we’ve consistently had at least 440+mb direct through the cabling & 130+mb over the WiFi (we got the 400mb for £26/month for x18 months package, which came with x2 boosters for around the house). We used to get 30mb with plusnet for £25, so a no brainer for us.

Very pleased, given the heavy going of working from home, Teams calls, streaming devices and general usage it gets. No more buffering for us :D

James Styring
👍 2

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 17:02

Simon

ordering = easy and little wait to get it fitted

installation = came when they said, they would, team of 4 dug a trench from front gate about 50 metres to side of house and made it good in about an hour

billing = £29 pcm (might be an introductory offer, can't remember) 

speed this afternoon = 34.0 Mbps download; 31.0 Mbps upload (I have no idea if that's good or not, but we haven't had any problems streaming shows simultaneously, for example)

kit configuration = they give you a modem and they can do extensions within the house, etc.

In all, seeing as they have dug up the whole of West Oxon, you might as well use the service if the price and speed are competitive!

Gareth Epps
👍

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 08:45

They haven’t completed cabling yet in all areas of town.  

Simon Hogg
👍

Wed 22 Sep 2021, 21:42

I know it's a while since they installed cables, but I was wondering if anyone has had problems with them ie. ordering, installation, billing, speed, kit configuration?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.