Balloons on the Corner House

John Dora
👍

Fri 24 Sep 2021, 18:38

Thank you Miles!

Miles Walkden
👍 1

Fri 24 Sep 2021, 16:44

Balloons were great. Street fair was also. Well done, and thank you, to all involved

John Dora
👍 1

Thu 23 Sep 2021, 19:41

Thank you Rachel!

Rachel Gallagher
👍 7

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 15:46

The balloons are wonderful...as was the Street Fair.  Thank you to all the organisers for a joyful event. 

Steve Jones
👍 21

Mon 20 Sep 2021, 20:17

I thought I ought to mention the background behind the balloon display on the Corner House, which everybody seems to agree looks fabulous. The first is to put people's minds at rest about the environmental impact. The balloons are natural latex, and will bio-degrade at about the same rate as oak leaves, so they will not be adding to plastic pollution (and also lends the balloons that rather nice matt look). Also, they are not inflated with helium, which has more important uses.

The display is by Rebecca Thomas, who is the owner of bonbonballoons, and has, with her family, relocated to the area from London and now has a studio in The Old Bakery in Charlbury. About two weeks ago, Rebecca approached the Street Fair Committee and offered to put up a display completely free of charge. Normally we'd acknowledge sponsors in the programme, but that was far too late, so I thought I'd fill people in.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.