Congratulations to the Street Fair organisers

Peter Kenrick
👍 6

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 18:24

I want to add my congratulations and thanks to all of the Street Fair team for their hard work and for delivering an uplifting and enjoyable day for everyone in Charlbury.

Also, many thanks to Anne Milller, Christine Elliott, Neil Clennell and Katherine Holmes for helping to making today’s Walk and Talk so enjoyable and instructive.

Cheryl Horsey
👍 6

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 17:27

I'd like to add our thanks from Charlbury Scout Group to the Street Fair team - we had a brilliant location near the music (and teas) in the Corner House garden.  Thanks also to all the kind people of Charlbury and farther afield who came to share their memories of Scouting with us and make some very generous donations!

Tanya Stevenson
👍 6

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 16:16

Thanks Steve, for thanking the tea and cakes team. They worked incredibly hard on the day and I'd like to thank them all:

Vijay Desor

Jean Busby

Dave Court

Eileen Kenrick (and also for the beautiful table displays)

Roesmary Cox

Judy Kirk

Clare Elson

Bill Stevenson

Deborah Morris (who just came to drop off a cake and got roped in!)

Wendy Bailey, who donated coffee, chocolate, cakes, equipment and advice.

And the many kind people, too many to mention, who donated delicious home-baked cakes. We made lots of money for the Corner House and Memorial Hall and even had some cakes left over to give to the tidying up team on Church Street.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 5

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 11:40

Well done to all the team - it was really like the old times.  I know how much goes into organising the fair and yes prayers to the weather god worked!  A great event that is very special in my heart. Xx

Jean Adams
👍 5

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 10:35 (last edited on Sun 19 Sep 2021, 10:36)

Well done everyone. It was like stepping back in time. So many memories. I had such a happy afternoon.

Steve Jones
👍 13

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 08:24 (last edited on Sun 19 Sep 2021, 08:24)

Many thanks to all out volunteers, the businesses that support us, all stall holders and community groups. the musicians, Tanya and her team for stepping in to run the tea & cakes operation in the Memorial Hall, all the residents of Church Street, and especially those from whom we "borrowed" power to keep diesel generators out of the street. Then there was Rebecca Moyster's fabulous balloon display on the Corner House (natural latex which bio-degrades, so no plastics).

It was all a bit tight to wire this year, but it came together and bribing the weather gods worked again.

Also, thanks everybody for coming along and, hopefully, a sign that the event and social calendar, which has been so hard hit, can return to some normality.

Rachael Lunney
👍 6

Sun 19 Sep 2021, 06:56

Thank you Gareth.

On behalf of the Street Fair Team , we like to say a big thank you to our sponors 

Andrew Shaw Fair Fax and co for kindly Sponsoring First Prize

Kam and Co at Charlbury Dentist for Sponsoring  the Children Fancy Dress

Tim and Ameila at Cotswold Frames For Framing the 1st prize Art Winner and for Sponsoring evening Music

All The Bussinness how either place an advert in the program or donated a prize for the raffle or auction

The lovely resident of Charlbury Street how provided Power.

John Dora
👍 4

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 22:45

Gareth, you are very welcome! Thank you.

Gareth Epps
👍 17

Sat 18 Sep 2021, 17:08

Just to say well done on a great event, which really benefited from the extra space used.  It’s amazing what a small group of people can achieve.  I know they would welcome new volunteers, too, so if today has inspired you, get in touch with them!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.