The make of car you drive- reveals your character! (Debate)

Charlotte Penn
👍

Tue 9 Dec 2008, 09:21

Did anyone see Top Gear on Sunday? My TV's are thrown out and this is just about the only show I miss, especially on hearing that JC had the micky taken out of him! He's going very grey all of a sudden! Was there seriously a bit about Communist cars and Morris Marinas? (as below Pimp My Ride?)

roger
👍

Sun 30 Nov 2008, 06:18

Hi Charlotte ,I drive a VW .I don't have a dream car really nowadays although i still love driving ,like you i have a back problem whereby i have to have a comfortable car instead of something fast and sporty.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Sat 29 Nov 2008, 17:29

Well a dark purple Aston DB 4/5/6/………9 - whatever, would be cool!
The ultimate – is a chopper and a plane!!!! But hey dream on – I hear you cry!!!!

By the bye- have you seen the latest Obama movie (going around on email) in his purple plane – classic, funky and funny? And, WOW - sooo cool – with a classic line, ‘God speed Obama’ as the movie finishes!!!!

Seriously though - three years ago I drove an audio 3. It looks very pretty, but had dreadful seating and thus – caused my trapped nerve.

I can’t drive now so not bothered. Quite happy to be driven in anything reliable – with a driver that knows how to drive!!!! Not fussed in what vehicle - a lorry, an old ambulance or camper van, whatever – just something reliable to get me to work on time!!! And, safely home like Cinderella!

However, when I am able to drive again- an old car with character is fine, so nothing too ponsey! In my book, image says a lot, and now I’m not in any position to be vain! I don’t have to show off to the Joneses!

I quite like this grease pit now!!!!

So Roger - what’s your dream car and what do you drive?

roger
👍

Sat 29 Nov 2008, 13:33

Whats the best car for you Charlotte .

Charlotte Penn
👍

Fri 28 Nov 2008, 22:19

Prime Minister Gordon Brown is to make a concerted attempt to improve his public image, and to make himself appear credible to the electorate by making a special guest appearance on vehicle makeover show, Pimp My Ride.

He tries too hard - and doesn't get it:
www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i43218

Obama Orders New Presidential Limo: www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i41958

So what do you drive: German, French or British……………………or Yugo?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.