Help! - "Day 2" PCR Test

Mandy cooper
👍 2

Fri 10 Sep 2021, 17:28

Can people please take there covid test to the post box at ticknell piece and please do not bring them to the post we can not take them. There is a notice on the door to tell you this. 

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 10 Sep 2021, 15:22 (last edited on Fri 10 Sep 2021, 16:01)

When my sister in-law and her husband visited us last month from USA, they used Campden www.campdenbri.co.uk/fitToFly/index.php You can collect kit, perform the test in their car park and get the result next working day by email. Not cheap, but no risk of mis-delivery or postal delays. However, they don't appear to do Day 2 testing for returnees to UK.

Hamish Nichol
👍

Wed 8 Sep 2021, 10:44

There's a lot of variation in price. Airlines and travel companies sometimes have discounted tests available, otherwise Money Saving Expert has a list of companies. Nationwide Pathology were the cheapest for me a few weeks ago at £40/test, had no problems with their service.

Russell Ingham
👍

Tue 7 Sep 2021, 14:52

Thank you all ever so much for taking the time to offer the excellent info and tips. I will enter the minefield much more confidently now.
Carl A Perkins
👍 1

Tue 7 Sep 2021, 09:24

Thanks Emily.

Yes the company I suggested dispatched the test kits same day via DHL and they arrived the next morning. They provide all the Royal Mail tracked delivery packaging so it’s an easy case of sealing the sample and posting

Geneviève Hug
👍

Tue 7 Sep 2021, 09:19

And you also need to be careful about when the kit will be sent to you. Some suppliers send it so that it arrives just in time for your Day 2, but if it's a bit early, you might not be back. Better in my opinion to use a supplier that sends the kit as soon as you order it, so you receive it before you've left for your trip.

Geneviève Hug
👍

Tue 7 Sep 2021, 09:16

If booking on line, make sure the supplier will allow you to use the Post Office for returning the samples. Some suppliers request that you use their own drop box, and these can be miles away. And unless you pay attention to this before booking, you may only find out at the end of the transaction, once you've booked and paid.

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 22:27

Book on line .....Boots, or my family use this apparently very efficient service :  www.qured.com

Emily Algar
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 13:50

Yes, it is on the road going into Ticknell Piece. I think the collection time is 4pm.

Carl A Perkins
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 13:37

Did I read somewhere on a previous thread that there is a dedicated postbox in Charlbury for returning test samples?

Carl A Perkins
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 13:36

I’ve just returned to the UK and my employer arranged through Cerulean Health

Email: support@c19testing.co.uk

Web: www.c19testing.co.uk

They seem ok!

Russell Ingham
👍

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 13:15

Will/ can anybody be kind enough to recommend a local, return to UK "day 2" test provider?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.