i nearly had it

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 15:53

It is illegal to ride a bicycle on the pavement, but in practice, it's rarely enforced as there is no easy way to identify a cyclist.

Section 64  Highway Code:

"Something that confuses many cyclists is whether or not they are allowed to cycle on the pavement. According to Laws HA 1835 section 72 & RSA 1984, section 129, cyclists must not cycle on the pavement."

Chris Wastie
👍 2

Mon 6 Sep 2021, 11:48

i had to take my wife to witney for an appointment so while i was waiting went to get a cone of chips, i came out of the shop & started to walk slowly up towards the clock tower `on the pavement` when i felt something brush past me at speed, it was a man on a cycle rideing on the pavement really going for it i dread to think what would have happend had i turned a little,what i could not get over he was not a teenager i am really going off witney now...Chris Wastie

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.