Swap rechargeable AA batteries for AAA rechargeables?

Heather Williams
👍 1

Wed 1 Sep 2021, 08:07

I bought a recharger and AAA rechargeable batteries brand new on ebay, as my son had the recharger with him when he was away at Uni.  It wasn't much, so going forward I will be able to recharge.  I know you don't want to buy but neither did I but had to bite the bullet.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Tue 31 Aug 2021, 18:44

I've a need for some  rechargeable AAA batteries (NiMH - nickel metal hydride) for some cordless POTS telephone handsets whose rechargeable AAAs have failed. (POTS - plain old telephone service).

I've got heaps of rechargeable AA NiMH batteries that have literally been cycled half a dozen times (used in some heated boot insoles running off little velcroed bag-lettes strapped around your ankle. Alas the insoles didn't perform well a couple of winters back and I've about a dozen..?.. of unemployed NiMH AA batteries.

Then the 2 x AAA batteries in the phone handset started failing one after the other...

So if anyone has any useable rechargeable AAA size NiMH  rechargeables (I think all batteries of this size are nowadays NiMH) they could be swapped for my barely warmed up AA batteries and we shall be being ecologically just a little teensie bit less damage than going out and buying some more - and also not fatten Bezos' wallet anymore than necessary  >;-}

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.