Gigaclear in central Charlbury

tony watson
👍 2

Sat 28 Aug 2021, 11:06

Hello Richard, yes we have the same issue in Crawborough and their website gives the same message when I put in our postcode. I have contacted their "Network Build Team" (they're always teams now as Department sounds so bureaucratic) to ask when we are scheduled to be connected - no answer. Seems we may have been overlooked which is a great pity as the phone line internet is pretty unreliable.

Ian Lewis
👍 1

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 20:27

Not right in the town centre, but just off Enstone Road, good 300Mbs connection.

Note on measuring the speed, use the wired connection or log into the router and use the self test to measure the speed. This gives us 320Mbps reliably, but if we measure from a computer over WiFi we get 250. The reason seems to be that the router knows how many devices are connected and prioritises or rations out the bandwidth so no one WiFi user takes everything.

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 18:42

That sounds odd Richard.  It’s available on Church Street but is way to expensive on the business tariffs to even consider.  We have had it installed at home in Rochester Place. I have to admit that I’m slightly disappointed.  We went with the 400 mbps but the fastest I have measured using the WiFi is 250ish but this is still considerably quicker than the 50mbps being obtained down the phone line though. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 1

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 18:27

Has anyone in the town centre managed to get a Gigaclear connection?

Whenever I punch our postcode into the availability checker, it says “We are currently building to you as fast as we can.” Which seems odd given that the roads were dug up months ago, then sealed back up again, and MKJ have now moved onto wherever they might be now.

Any clues?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.