Leah Fowler
👍 1

Sun 29 Aug 2021, 21:58

Best wishes Roger and Helen xx

Mandy cooper
👍 2

Sun 29 Aug 2021, 20:03

Happy retirement Roger thank you so so much for all your help and guidance 

With the football and sport club. We are all very thankful for all you hard work 

Around charlbury. You will be missed very much. And if you feel like joining a committee your be more than welcome. 

Chris Tatton
👍 1

Sun 29 Aug 2021, 18:17 (last edited on Mon 30 Aug 2021, 10:20)

Wishing you a long and happy retirement Roger. Thanks for all the help and advice you gave me, when I was a WODC Councillor for Charlbury between 1994 and 2002. 

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Sun 29 Aug 2021, 16:49 (last edited on Sun 29 Aug 2021, 16:49)

An admirable 38 years of service to the town! 

Dare one mention inevitability and nominative determinism....

Wendy Bailey
👍 3

Sat 28 Aug 2021, 17:31

To the Sir David Attenborough of Charlbury. No one will have the same knowledge and experience as Roger. Thank you. 

Phil Morgan
👍 7

Sat 28 Aug 2021, 14:25

All the Best to Roger and Helen for a 'life after the Council'. Roger has been much more than a Town Clerk. In the course of time, I'd bet that he has given help and advice to every society, club or committee in Charlbury when they have wanted to make changes. Personally I have known him as a friend and neighbour for 38 years. Publicly I have worked with him on many schemes to improve the town. Most recently, it is true to say that, without Roger's guidance, we would not have the Football and Sports Club.            So, cheers mate. As they say round these parts: "E's a good 'ole boy". 

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 12:41

Very best wishes Roger and thank you for all your hard work.

Stephen Andrews
👍 5

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:49

Roger's encyclopaedic knowledge of how local government operates and who to deal with was invaluable during my tenure as Corner House Chairman and enabled the Town to make use and leverage grants and payments which would not be available otherwise. A very hard act to follow. Thanks so much for your help and happy retirement!

Jim Holah
👍 2

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 11:24

Agreed Susie, best wishes for a long & happy retirement Roger.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 5

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 10:25

I would like to add my appreciation of all that Roger has done in his time as Town Clerk.  On my time on the council, he was a font of all to do with council matters, and will be sorely missed and leave a gaping hole.  Good luck Roger on your retirement xx

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.