Wanted: Plastic, lidded, containers from Indian Takeaways

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Thu 26 Aug 2021, 20:47

On having a look on the upper shelf of the kitchen for those round, lidded, houmous pots I thought were there, they weren't. Spoke too soon! Actually don't have many of them at all, and most of those missing lids, defeating the purpose. And with Number One Daughter moving out…

Long post - click to read full text

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Thu 26 Aug 2021, 02:24

Thankyou for that offer! I really should have said its the rectangular pots that are a bit shallow that are of the most interest. Shallower so that one doesn't have to dig through various levels of sedimentation to find the bit that was being stored on a shelf.

With a largely vegetarian family that goes through Co-op houmous pots at a prodigious rate (my flaw in being a flexi-veggie is an inability of moral fortitude to do without cheese, though a recent New Scientist article suggests lipids and protein in a colloidal form without a mammal involved may not be that far off..).

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Wed 25 Aug 2021, 22:19

Hi Malcolm, I have some- where shall I drop off to you? 

Kim Sale
👍

Wed 25 Aug 2021, 21:07

Hi Malcolm, I have a pile of small round houmous pots with lids if they would be useful. You're welcome to them and I could drop them off tomorrow morning if you let me know where you live.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Wed 25 Aug 2021, 19:43

SVP

Why? Because they are an ideal size for storing small bits of electronics, like USB Flash drives, various dongles and those little fittings for "things" that will get lost in the general silting up of, well, just bits of this or that. Those that seems to inevitably silt up in drawers or cupboards... 

Oh, and keep the extremely fine gritty dust off them, that stuff that seems to permeate the entire house without end... concrete "flour" from building works, and the endless input of that ultra fine silt particles that constitutes much of the base for the Charlbury "clay" coming out of the eroding limestone that lies beneath the area.

We've run out of these lidded plastic tubs and only occasionally resort to getting a takeaway nowadays.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.