Ripe red apples ready for picking

Jean Adams
👍

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 13:45 (last edited on Mon 23 Aug 2021, 13:48)

Thank you so much for your reply. I had hoped you would see my entry.

I am at home indoors with a chest infection. Out soon. Regards.

Christine Elliott
👍 6

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:55

Morning Jean, your tree is Discovery which is the first dessert variety heralding the autumn apple season. I popped round early this morning to check them out but they aren't quite ready to pick yet. Even though a few are falling off the pips are still white and the ones on the tree aren't ready to come off in the hand. Maybe another week . . . I'll come round again in a few days . . . the grass underneath is lovely and soft so when they fall they aren't damaged. Thank you for offering them to The Cornerstone - I will take them down there for everyone to share. Cornerstone is open Monday to Saturday 10am-1pm and I will be supplying them with apples and pears freshly picked from people's gardens all through the autumn until November when the last varieties ripen. If anyone else has a glut of fruit they don't want to go to waste then please contact me on 811057 or sharecroppers@charlburygreenhub.org.uk.

Jean Adams
👍 1

Sun 22 Aug 2021, 18:44

Baywell Cottage on Fawler Road just below Fiveways.

The tree is ripe and some are falling. Just let me know here. I am sure that Cornerstone would accept some. Please do not let them waste.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.