COVID-19 at Wilderness

Steve Jones
👍 3

Fri 13 Aug 2021, 22:47

At current daily rates, there are about 4.5 confirmed cases per 10,000 people in the country. There are about 10,000 people who attend Wilderness, but I think you can add at least 25% to that with all the staff, marshals, food vendors, bar staff, performers etc. So call that 6 per day over four days that would be 24 people.

However, that's confirmed cases so there are probably 2.5 - 3 times as many who are asymptomatic and who don't get tested. So that's about 70 people.

However, that's all based on national averages. Given the type of event, then it's going to be a lot more than that. I could imagine several hundred.

Whether that will "leak through" to Charlbury, it's too early to say. I will keep an eye on the local infection rates. As it is, from Charlbury & North Leigh MSOA (Middle Layer Supper Output Area) being being the local bad boys 3 weeks ago, when we hit almost 50 cases, we are now down to just 4 cases, which is one of the lowest rates in Oxfordshire.

K Harper
👍 1

Fri 13 Aug 2021, 21:18

Sooooo that means then that AT LEAST one other person there had it AND how many others also got infected . . .? Kris

Steve Jones
👍

Fri 13 Aug 2021, 21:08

It appears at least one person caught COVID-19 at Wilderness, the travel write Simon Parker. He does not seem to be put off by the experience.

https://twitter.com/SimonWIParker/status/1426129210846887939

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.