Library Closed

Gregory Lupton
👍

Sat 21 Aug 2021, 10:13

Thanks Liz. 

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Mon 16 Aug 2021, 15:23

I have been told that the library will be operating pre-Covid hours from September 6th.  The delay in re-opening fully is due to a shortage of volunteers. 

Sue Way
👍 5

Sat 14 Aug 2021, 10:32

I don’t understand why the self-service machine is only available when the library is staffed. Doesn’t that defeat the object of having it there?
I know we can return books via the red crate any time, but what’s the point of having a library where you can’t take books out at the weekend or out of staffed library hours?

Gregory Lupton
👍

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 18:39

Amanda, Claire,

Thank-you. ‘Truth will out’. 

Greg

Amanda Epps
👍 3

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 18:06 (last edited on Thu 12 Aug 2021, 18:08)

I have had a quick response from Liz telling me just that, Claire.  I think we’re lucky to have such an effective County Councillor.  I haven’t always been able to say that in the past.

Claire Wilding
👍 2

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 16:26

Hello, the Town Council raised this with Liz Leffman at the last town council meeting and she was going to look into it. 

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 16:10 (last edited on Thu 12 Aug 2021, 16:23)

According to the Libraries section of the OCC website, opening hours should have increased from July 17.  I shall email Liz Leffman to ask why the Library is still only open for half the original staffed hours.  I too have found the reduced hours a problem when we have been accustomed to access whenever the Community Centre was open.  I’m sure many parents have found it difficult to take their children to choose books.  For me after the almost 20 year battle to get a new Library for Charlbury, the greatest pleasure has been to see parents and children in there almost every time I went.

Gregory Lupton
👍

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 13:10

Thanks Emily. 

Emily Alston
👍 1

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 13:09

I have been trying to find this out too, as the limited hours it is staffed are all times I can't go! .  

I emailed charlbury.library@oxfordshire.gov.uk, to ask, about two weeks ago, but have not had any reply. 

Gregory Lupton
👍

Thu 12 Aug 2021, 12:40

Hi,

Does anyone know why the library - self-service - is closed and when it will open/ what conditions are required for it to re-open? It currently has barriers preventing the good people of Charlbury from entering it. 

Thanks,

Greg

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.