A heartfelt request

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 16:36

I'm closing this thread simply so that any discussion of speeding or otherwise can be kept in one thread (Igor's "Back to the Subject..."); that should make it easier for those who wish to ignore it to do so.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 14:46

Perhaps we could arrange a Charlbury NO SPEED DAY or week.

Those that care – could all then go to the danger points - with their cameras and videos?

That would certainly catch those that SPEED - with enough evidence to prosecute – for the police.

The police can’t be every where all the time.

And it would certainly make people think – about that KILLER SPEED!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 14:27

That's great Igor, but the police can only do so much. I understand the word and who and about what, etc.

However, it's still not sinking in. Is t!!!

Perhaps we have a Charlbury SPEED KILL meeting, soon before xmas/new year - when it gets even worse.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 14:14

Actually Charlotte, you can call in to report speeding and dangerous driving incidents in and around Charlbury; it doesn't lead to arrest because it's your word against theirs but what happens is that the complaint is logged and if and when the driver persists in speeding or other endangering behaviour, and are caught the logged complaints are taken into account by both police and judge.

I do it myself when it's a serious breach.

The police are aware of the situation in Charlbury and are well disposed to working with the community to sort it out.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 14:09

Let's start a national - NO SPEED KILLER - campaign. Let's inform the police and go to the press! LETS TOGETHER - KILL THAT SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 14:03

My new driver works for the police doing research!

I'm going to volunteer to have surveillance cameras- back, front and on both sides of his car - when I go to work, back and to home.

Then, i shall install on my car- next year when I am able to drive again.

I shall also photo them and get their registrations, whilst being a relaxed passenger.

Then there will be no dispute!

Perhaps we should start a website to add these to reveal

Those SPEED KILLERS

To those who like the thrill – go to the race tracks

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 13:54

It's a shame David and Roger that you want to supress a real issue that effects us all in Charlbury. Fortunately, your attempts to personalise and trivialise the matter appear to be failing this time around. So much for your community spirit . . .

Get with the program!

Charlotte Penn
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 13:53

Funny you too don't have last names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grease Pen

roger
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 13:28

David i am with you on this and as such i promise not to fall into the trap.The only reason that the other thread got me so het up was because Charlotte could not see that she was at some fault for what happened to her .Anyway i promise to leave it at that.

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 11:25

I think quite a few people would agree with Igor that many drivers go too fast or drive dangerously, it's not a crusade. I speak as a regular driver and a pedestrian.

Dave Oates
👍

Thu 20 Nov 2008, 10:00

Can I ask that nobody responds to Igor's new post about serial-killer motorists in nice cars. This one-man crusade to have all drivers lined up against the wall and shot is getting very stale!! Thanks in advance for your co-operation :-)

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.