Sturt Rd resurfacing

Phil Morgan
👍 4

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 14:49

There were no diversions. Traffic flowed freely all morning. Finished the section from Five Ways to Dancer's Hill by 10.15am. Impressive kit and manpower!

Michael Grant
👍

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 11:31

Hi , Sorry about that, when i checked yesterday i didnt see it there.

Thanks for letting me know its now there, i suspect the reason its that way, is that they cant divert traffic through a road that is rated lower than what it currently is, hence why it cant take you through the "back streets" of charlbury.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 11:26

A diversion route is showing, but a weird one. Not sure why Michael Grant is not seeing it. It is in place from 11 - 15 August.

It is listed from 9 Ticknell Piece Rd (??) via Enstone along the A44, then the B4337, ending at Field End, Woodstock Rd, Charlbury. Also in reverse.

The better link is here: https://one.network/custom/oxfordshire/

Michael Grant
👍

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 10:42

I would say you should be able to get access, as i also need access across that road, maybe ramps. I would guess that if they were to close a road where you had no access at all, they would need to let you know.

Looking at one.network i see there is no diversion route, so i would presume that its not a full closure, maybe one side then the other or traffic lights / traffic management. (but thats only a guess)

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 08:22

It looks like they're starting the work now. So presumably that means I can't get back to Hughes close into after 20.00? Or will there be access

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 11 Aug 2021, 07:02

Yes, that'd have been bad! Thank you

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 22:49

My understanding is that the works will take place on 12 August and shouldn't need the whole day.

'The notice says: 'A temporary Notice is being made to implement the temporary closure and will operate from 11 August 2021.

The anticipated completion date is 15 August 2021. Daily closure times are 05:00-07:30 , 09:30-15:30, 18:00-20:00.  A Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice is being made to implement the temporary closure and restriction and will operate on the days shown above.'

The Town Council pointed out that the original date - last Friday - could have had cumulatively severe impacts.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 20:30

The information on one network (which comes from the official Council work order, I think) says that Sturt Road is closed from 11-15 August for "Carriageway surface dressing".

Mandy cooper
👍

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 20:18

It says the 12th on the sign by fiveways 

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Tue 10 Aug 2021, 19:57

Is it tomorrow or Thursday? There are two different signs giving different days.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.